New mysteries to unfold...

As the blonde explored the mineshaft, sounds of bones clanking and spiders crawling echoed throughout the cave system. With only a shield and Iron sword to protect the knight, Jaune cut down cobwebs in his way, finding chests, loot and even dungeons with mob spawners. Breaking some minecarts and rails, he walked slowly, cautious. "If I were to turn this mineshaft into my own, I'll need to rebuild the tracks." 

Breaking one last iron ore, Jaune went looking back from where he came from, "Great, now I'm... lost..." Jaune's eyes scanned the narrow hall, finding a trail of a red substance making a path behind Jaune. "Zombies don't bleed, I haven't even found one yet! And I know damn well this trail wasn't here before, it looks like red stone, but that's impossible, this mineshaft doesn't seem deep enough to find the red stone." Jaune knelt, dabbing his index finger into the liquid, then putting up to his mouth, "Metallic, just like blood." Jaune got back up, eating some pork chops, making out his hunger bars. "I do NOT, wanna spend another minute here." Following the trail, Jaune sprinted out of there, his hurried breaths slowly getting louder and louder. 

It was like he somehow knew the trail led him out like he could trust whoever put it there. "Jaune, whatever you do. Do not look back." Notch suddenly told Jaune telepathically. "Notch! What are you doing here all of a sudden!" Jaune couldn't get his answer just yet, as he heard another set of footsteps behind him, slowly getting louder and louder, "JUST, RUN" Notch screamed in his mind, this Brought Jaune to run up to his full speed once again. As he saw the light outside getting closer, he dove out the entrance.

But before he completely escaped from the darkness, Jaune twisted his head around, spotting a man staring at him, before slowly fading into the darkness. 

Jaune lay on the green grass, oak trees surrounding him. As he looked back up, spotting the mountain towering above him and the cave entrance leading to darkest depths, he sighed. 

He recalled what had just happened a few minutes ago. "That man... I thought I was the only "human" here" Jaune thought, excluding those big-nosed villagers he spotted. But who, or what he saw was not a villager or other mob he had spotted, it was another person, a man. That's when Jaune began to recall his appearance. "Blue shirt, grey pants, dark hair and... white eyes." The man had no pupils, his eyes were nothing but white husks, devoided of life. And yet even though his eyes conveyed no emotion, Jaune could still sense his aura (Metaphorically not like RWBY aura) Despite Jaune being somewhat stupid, even he could feel the emotion the man had. 

Hatred

Pushing himself up, he walked back home, following the dirt path he had made. 
Arriving at his upgraded home, he placed his items into a chest. He smelted his ores in the blast furnace. And as he waited for the ores to smelt, Jaune noticed that it was getting dark. "It's getting late. I should get to bed now." And as he laid there in bed, he thought of the man one last time, before drifting off to dream world.

_________________________________________

Jaune had found himself in a black void, an infinite landscape, he looked around, confused and somewhat scared of his surroundings. "Where am I-"

"Useless..."

Jaune suddenly heard a female voice call him out. 

"Loser." 

"Weiss!" Jaune yelled in surprise.

Suddenly, images of his past bombarded his mind, showing him pictures of his friends, family, and teachers. The pictures went from wholesome, to downright nightmarish. Each one a picture of Jaune being abused by his fellow students and neglected by the teachers.

He watched as Cardin pushed him off a cliff, barely able to survive the fall.

He watched as Yang punched him in the gut, sending him through a wall.

He watched as Pyrrha slapped himself across the cheek, leaving a red mark and hurt pride.

He waited and waited for anything positive or hopeful to come from any of these memories. Someone who would stand up for him, to give him hope. 

But nobody came

Just then, Jaune had woken up from his deep slumber, and as the sun rose from the ground, Jaune shed a single tear.

__________________________________________

Notch wasn't there to comfort him.

As he greeted the iron golem with a red rose, to which he took with glee, Jaune had walked up to Ron, a farmer who sold cakes for wheat, wheat that could be made for cake... 

"Hey, Ron!" Jaune waved to Ron, gaining his attention as he spotted the blondie. "Ah! Hello John!" Ron greeted "Its Jaune" to which Jaune replied. After doing some trades, while also scamming Ron a bit. Jaune went back to the mineshaft. Pondering as to what he should do now. "I can't be mining there forever, soon their resources will be exhausted." Pulling out his iron sword to cut through some cobwebs, he spotted yet another dungeon, one with a skeleton spawner. 

After slicing the last Skeleton, and placing a torch atop the spawner to ensure no more would spawn. Jaune opened the two chests left there. 

Not much surprised him, except for a book. Jaune quickly swiped the book, along with a few other items in the chest. Before booking it out of there.

"I can't read it right now, don't want a creeper blowing in front of me." Arriving at his home, Jaune placed the rest of his items in a few chests. Unlike some people, (Most people probably) Jaune separated his items into different chests and category. He placed his armour on an armour stand, which left the book he found as the only item he had in his inventory. 

Placing the book on a wooden table, Jaune flicked the first page.

The book read:

'Hello, my name is Steve. And if you are reading this, I am dead."

Finished this at 1:45 Am cause I procrastinated again. Sorry for not uploading for a while, working on to new books. I had to rewrite all of the ch.3 cause of a Grammarly problem. Frick.

ALSO: It is guaranteed that I will do a Jaune x Girl ship in this book. Velvet is who I have in mind but if you have any other ships I could put in that would be appreciated.