One

“Iced Coffee for Kaitlyn?” The voice rang throughout the small shop and I pushed forward in front of people to claim my order.

Taking the cup from the barista, I thanked him and went over to the counter to add sugar to my cup before leaving.

Flipping my hair over my shoulder, I stirred the drink and turned to look around the bookstore one last time.

     My drink spilled onto the shirt of someone behind me.

       “Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” I said, I put the cup down and turned to get napkins.

I was greeted with laughter, “That’s okay, you wouldn’t be the first person to spill their drink on me.” The voice wasn’t from around here.

I risked a glance up and almost dropped the napkins that were in my hand.

     An easy smile crossed his face, “Do you want me to help?”

I shook my head and stood up straighter, “You’re Liam Payne,” I whispered.

     He nodded, “Yep. Last I checked I was. Can I ask your name?”

Heat went over my cheeks as I looked away, “My friends call me Kait.”

     Liam nodded, “Well it was nice to meet you Kait.” He reached out and touched my cheek gently, swiping a piece of hair that had gotten stuck to my lip gloss.

I felt my cheeks heat up again as his fingertips brushed my skin and then all too soon he pulled away.

Liam winked, “I’ll see you around.” He stuffed his hands into his pockets, making his shirt tighten around his muscles as he did so and then he turned on his heel and he was gone.

      I watched him go, blinking in surprise. No boy has ever given me the time of day like he just has. But he also had a reputation. I heard his name being floated around about him getting arrested for getting into fights with people.

    Turning, I picked up my now-half-empty cup of iced coffee and made sure I had all of my bags before heading out to my car.

I heard the squeal of tires and when I looked up, Liam was waving from the seat of a black car as he pulled out of the parking lot.

     My cheeks burned again as I fumbled with my own car door and got in.

Damn it, I spilled my drink again.

-------

A/N: So this is my first story on wattpad, I know it's not very long, but I would appriciate it if you could leave your comments down below and tell me what you think. Thanks so much for supporting me and don't forget to hit the vote button and add this to your library.

Thank you!

~Katherine