Chapter 9: damage

As dusk and nebula sat in the train, nebula noticed that dusk was very quiet. "dusk?" he asked, a tinge of worry in his voice. dusk looked over at his master, tears welled up in his once bright eyes. nebula opened his arms out to dusk. the two embraced one another, dusk sobbing against the man's chest. "oh my poor baby.." nebula said stroking dusk's back. dusk stiffened, his breathing hitched, he began to sob harder. nebula quickly removed his hand and look down at the small neko. "dusk." nebula said with authority. dusk looked up, tears still flowing freely down his cheeks. "take off your shirt." nebula said. dusk obeyed and slowly removed the shirt. nebula's eyes widened in shock. as he stared at the scarred, bloody, bruised body of his pet he felt like ripping himself apart. he did this. he let sombra watch his baby. he went to the stupid meeting. he was- no he is a horrible owner. He let tears roll down his cheeks as he told his pet to turn around. his back was worse. I crystal shaped branding was in the middle of his back, along with inscriptions such as: whore, slut, bitch, worthless cunt.
He watched as blood dripped down the boy's back, as he cried, and he was horrified. his baby was hurt because of his ignorance. "pet, I-" he choked on his words. "I'm so sorry-y.".