Disturbance

All the nurses had turned at the sound of yelling coming from what was obviously Jack's room.

"I believe we know what room our children are in. I hoped this wouldn't happen here. We need to go put a stop to this."

Gabrielle and the Brinkmens quickly made their way to the room as Olyvia continued her tirade.

"How can you say you are in love with Gabrielle after what she did to you? How can you treat Jaycee this way? She is the one that has been with you. She is the one that hasn't hurt you. She is the one that would never hurt you like that 'bleep' did. How can you do this to her Jack? She is my best friend. You have known her for years. How can you treat her this way?"

"Olyvia, it's not like that. I can't help how I feel. I am sorry I hurt Jaycee. I could lie and say it was the medication, but that's what it would be, a lie. You don't understand what it what it was like. I hope you never will."

"Jack, I don't understand, your right. I don't understand how you can do that to someone that you were happy with. I don't understand how you could do that to someone that loved you. I don't understand how you could do that to my best friend after everything... and all of it for HER."

They made it into the room as Jack began to get louder himself.

"Olyvia, it's not Gabrielle's fault, it's mine. I was still in love with her. I can't change that. I don't want to change that. I am sorry for what I did to Jaycee. I was lying to myself and so I ended up lying to her. I am sorry for how it makes you feel. But it's the truth. IT'S MY LIFE. NOT YOURS."

When Jack saw his parents and Gabrielle enter the room he took a breath and calmed back down. The machines connected to him were still beeping faster then before but they began to slow a bit.

"Olyvia I hope you never understand what it's like to lay there knowing that you are dying. Confronting your whole life and all of your mistakes knowing that you are out of time. I reached a certain clarity about myself and my feelings when I thought it was ending Olyvia. Do you know what my last thought was? I wished that I had more time. Not more time to live, just time to correct my biggest mistake and let Gabrielle know how much I still loved her."

He looked passed Olyvia then and right into Gabrielle's eyes from across the room.

"Then miraculously I woke up. I was still alive. I was given that chance and more. I new she would be there even before I was fully conscious. But even if she hadn't been it would have just delayed me from telling her how I felt. Even if it wouldn't have changed anything for her. Knowing what was in heart changed everything for me the second I figured it out. I could never go backward. I could never just hide it. I had to let her know what I felt, that I was still in love with her. I couldn't hide it again. I didn't have that option anymore because I knew how quickly it you can lose all your chances. I really hope you never have to go through that Olyvia."

He took a couple of deep breaths before he continued. Everyone could see how much the talking was taking out of him.

"I am sorry for hurting Jaycee, she didn't deserve it. I wish there was a way to spare her that pain, but I don't have one. I know you are worried, and I understand that. Yes, Gabrielle did break my heart. Yes, Gabrielle did throw us away once before. But I still don't regret telling the woman I love how I feel about her. I never will, because I took the chance and now have a shot at so much more. I know Gabrielle and I have things to work out. I know we will have our work cut out for us. I know we will have battles to fight to get to where I want to us to be. I accept that. If she is willing to try, willing to work with me and to fight beside me that I know in my heart that it is right. It's right for me and my life. I know it won't be easy because nothing great ever is. I know she is worth it. I know being with her is worth it."