25

Khalia Alice

2 years old:

Present time

"Mommy?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"You take me ta see Daddy?"

"Is that what you wanna do today?" She asked and I nodded my head very fast.

"Say. Why don't we live with Daddy?" I asked.

"See, me and your daddy are old friends, we created you and then as we grow old our feelins change, so we just decided to split apart." She explained.

"We eva gon live wit him again?" I asked and she shook her shoulders.

"Go get dressed and I'll take you over there." She said and I did what she said, singing silly songs about seeing my daddy. I haven't seen Daddy in like a week and I miss him sooo much, he said next time we meet that I was gon see my big brubbas so I'm real excited. I ain neva had siblings before, when Babyjoe was my daddy he would say he was gon put a baby in Mommy belly but neva did cuh he disappeared. But that's okay becuh he not my daddy no more.

Maybe my new and real daddy will put a baby in Mommy.

Is it normal to have more than one Daddy?

I came back downstairs and Mommy was on a call with Daddy.

"What I told you bout answering the phone while dat shit was goin on?" My mommy asked.

"Why you always callin when its happening?" My daddy asked.

What they is talm bout?

"Shii if I ain been put in a situation where I have to deal wit you I would neva call you." My mommy said.

Why she be so rude to him? I thought they was friends?

"Guh don't be det way. I just want everything to go back to it was."

"It wont neva be the same Youngboy, neva." Mommy said.

Youngboy?

My daddy ain no boy no more.

"Mommy, can I talk to Daddy pwease." I asked and she didn't have time to answer I snatched her phone.

"Shit, bitch get off me." My daddy said and some animal was making noises then a loud thud.

"Is that doggy okay?" I asked and my mom started laughing.

"There ain no d--- yea she fine." My daddy said.

"I comin ta see you." I said and he smiled so big.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded really fast. "Good cuh I miss yo ass."

"I miss yo ass too." I said and Daddy started laughing.

"Don't say those words, you too pretty to be using filthy words like det." He said and I nodded.

"You ready babygirl?" Mommy asked and I nodded.

"We're on our way Kentrell, so get rid of any unwanted pests before I get there or she not stayin." Mommy said as she hung up the phone.

"Daddy!" I screeched and jumped into his arms. Mommy just gave him a head nod and walked inside closing the door behind her, looking around as if she remembers something.

"My lil babygirl." He said, swinging me around. "I mistya."

"I'm here now so lets go playyyyyyyyyyy." 

"In a minute baby, I want to introduce you to some people." He said as he put me down on the floor. 

"Mommy, Ima meet my brubbas." I said sitting on the couch next to her.

"One, you have one brother." She said and I shook my head and put up 2 fingers. She looked confused as Daddy came in holding a lil boy and another bigger boy came in.

"Titi Kayla!" One of the boys screeched, he really looked like Daddy.

"Draco." Mommy said and picked him up. "What you been eating boy, you're huge."

"I been eating food. Whatever mama cook I eat." He shrugged.

"Who this lil one is?" Mommy asked Daddy.

"This is Taylin or Tay Tay for short, he only 3." He said placing him on Mommys lap.

I made a mug.

She ain say she wanna hold him.

"He one year more than me." I screeched.

"You loud." The Draco boy smiled.

"Have you met my mommy?" I asked and everyone started laughing.

"She my Titi." He said and I made an o shape with my mouth and nodded.

"Say Daddy, I got a question." I said.

"Hmm?"

"Why yo legs look like det?" I asked. He kissed his teeth.

"Say Khalia, why yo face look like det?" He asked and I mugged him.

"I'm cute thank you very much." I said and Mommy and Daddy started laughing.

"You just like yo damn mama." He said and I giggled.

"Wanna play wit nerf guns?" Taylin asked and I nodded and we ran off together.

It was like we known each other our whole tiny lil lives, we was best friends.