Chapter VI: Violent Temptations

(Prīus/Midday)

The snake led me to one of the lesser floors of Wrath. I was taken to the city, Erida, where the Abhorrers and Ravagers roamed most of the place. I flew over the gates as the snake slithered further on, coiling onto one of the stalagmites, and staring at the fortress afar. In front of it, numerous demons knelt before a tall totem of an owl woman, their energy being stored within it..

"[The Fortress of the Defiant, where the demoness traitor, Lilith, resides,]" Baphomet explained as the snake moved towards that fortress. "[Twould seem she's found a way to mask her treacherous scent, after all.]"

"[Lilith? Aren't the succubi under her wing?]"

"[Aye. Your father's takes of her are true, but tis the succubi who now do her bidding of Lust. She handles the Violence. Should any babies be born of these succubi or brought here without baptization, she adopts them. If stumbled upon any traitors like her, she'll welcome them with her motherly wings.]"

"[Bring Lilith to her knees.. Punish her for her treachery.]" The snake then dispersed into mist, its orders given. With the residents up above, and me nigh to the ground, I assumed there wouldn't be an engagement when I chose to move on foot, so long as none have a good eye. The charred pikes at the riverbed, the waters of blood, songs of dismemberment... It almost fits me. Yet the only thing that differentiates my visual pleasures from this place were the owl goddess totems, which stood towering the land.

"[Enjoying yourself, my dear Se'irim?~]" A mature demoness asked behind me.

"[So far, yes. Other than the many totems, I admire how this place is dressed.]"

"[I am gladdened~ Ever since I caught wind of your presence, something told me that you would like this place. Not only do you have Fallen blood like me, but you're Azazel's little goat. Yet you lack horns, much like myself..]" She pointed out while running her fingers from my back towards my stomach where one of my gashes were. She gave the blood a lick and immediately did her hair jump in embers. "[And this darkness.. Surely you did not just die so soon?... No, you possess someone under that flesh. You've killed Baphomet and hath taken their consciousness up 'here'.]"

The woman laughed a little after her words, turning my head to face her and asking if I knew who she was. I took the chance to examine her appearance: light bronze skin like mine, scarlet tunic split at the naval with red owl feathers and a breastplate underneath. .. On her face, blazing orange eyes and blood-colored lips. An amulet wrapped around her neck, on it were two people touching genitals, the man beneath the woman. 

"[Lilith..]"

"[Clever boy~ Well, if my attire did not help, then THIS will.]" Lilith casted a ring of fire over her head. What..is that? "[Those Fallen bastards thought it impossible for a woman to earn a Hellcrown of her own to. But little do they know that even this can be achieved by a 'piece of cattle' ..Oh, my apologies! I've been rambling all this time in my pride and never caught your name..]"

"[Prīus.]"

"[Prīus? The prophesied Messiah of Hell? What did he even name you after?! Does that stubborn goat not know how to name a child? ..*scoff* I honestly thought it'd be more impacting. Nevertheless, your name isn't bad.]" She replied, unsated by my name.

"[My name does not satisfy?]" I asked Lilith.

"[Unfortunately not. Your name isn't one that screams 'I am your Messiah! Bow to me as you would with your beloved God!' I can see you only as one of the Shetaimură.]" She explained. I too, gave her my thoughts on her name.

"[Your name doesn't sound too frightening, either. In truth, I find it too gentle.]"

"[Biting back, are we?~ You're an interesting one. I'd like to host this conversation elsewhere and see if you can maintain this interest. Follow me.]" Lilith said, sprouting red owl-like wings and flying up to the her fortress. I opened my own and tailed with the same speed. At the top, her tail let the demoness hang over the ledge before dropping onto a bridge. I too, hopped down beside her.

"[If you don't mind, I'll give you some knowledge of myself, something to be cautious about. Women, such as I, are all gentle until someone has to rub us in the wrong way. By itself, that context might be physical, but I mean in ANY way: emotionally, physically, even fracturing the spirit. You know what I speak of, yes?]"

"[Ye wish not to be crossed..]"

"[Aye, but I'd personally phrase it as such: We hate it when we are treated poorly. Down here, we're seen as nothing but fools and breeding stock. Some accept this sad fate, but I? I gave them a reason to take me in. And once I raised my status, I readied my dagger.. We CAN be most gentle at heart, but with mistreatment comes the cruelest of changes. And with mistreatment, can come a great vengeance, no matter how long it takes to deliver it.]" Lilith hissed prior to showing me a silver ring, the word "Faithful" inscribed onto it. She then went on to speak about the ring. "[Twas a ring I had forged, to remember the day I was outcast from the Garden and my loathing to my husband. I despised that day so much.. Yahweh wanting me to submit myself like a dog, because of the love for His 'son', and then He cursed me because I wished to be on the same plane as my lover.. As part of my revenge, I had him and his obedient wench banished from the Garden.]"

So she changed herself after a tragic fate.. "[Yahweh does not understand thou wanting to be treated the same? I would feel pity for thee, had I been human.]"

"[Don't be.. When the day comes, I'll slam my stinger into His neck for His unjust decision. Even now does He hear our thoughts, the flames that burns away His so-called light... I wonder now, do you have any resemblance to me? What's your story?]"

Resemblance? Why would Lilith want to relate herself to me? ...I leaned on the ledge and said a piece of my story. "[I seek my father.. Baphomet explained his urge to 'restart', the need for a mercenary, the pain from the Bloodbath, all to say that my being was not sating.. Only after my slumber and the deity's information did I realize his sins.]"

"[Vengeance. You too, have been wronged by family... Come closer so that I may comfort thee~]" Gently clutching the sides of my face with a warm smile, the demoness pulled me in for a quick passionate kiss. I wasn't sure how to feel about it. My Anger wanted to burst out, but oddly, I was accepting its calming nature. Why? Why does it soothe me? Three seconds after her initiation, she stops with a grin. "[What's the matter? Never kissed a girl bef- ...Bastard. How dare you come unto me with treason in your head!!]"

Growling, the grin turned into a face of death, her kiss paralyzing my body before her scorching chains restrained me. Lilith's eyes flared red with gore, Anger taking hold of her tongue and her claws. She began to tear my body apart with her bare hands, bit by bit. As I screamed in pain, her talons dug into my chest, further and further, till the ribs were visible. The demoness then bashed through my bones to extract the heart... "[Take heed, Lucifer! THINE ASSASSIN IS NO MORE!!]"

Why would you do this?! I've done you no harm! I'VE DONE NOTHING TO YOU!!!