Chapter IV: Defiance

(Narration)
(569 B.C. / Day 1)

"[Wake up, my child! Wake and break these reins your father holds you with, for you are your own being! I have done all I could to weaken his hold and leave you with choice. Unbind yourself from this place. Seek me, and I will put down your true enemies... Awaken!]"

The blood in the Bloodbath bubbled, the creature inside coming to life with a sudden scream, a scream known only to Him. In a white and black pillar of thunderous energy did Prīus wake, drawing Narkarmos to him. The weapon knew already who's power this was, and came straight to its designated master. But this wake didn't just affect the church or what was nigh. Almost every floor could feel the sudden wave of power, the lesser and more fearful demons assuming the Lord delivered an angel to purge it of the Emperor's plans. Amadeus' waking power plagued tremors across the floors as her spirit rested quietly in the bastard's body like a glowing bead, blocked by Hell's bramble. Once this hellish bane died out, Sin took its place. 

(Prīus / 19 years old)

I laid nigh to the debris of the destroyed church, kneeling listless until I glanced at Narkarmos, stabbed in the brimstone. Pushing to my feet, I walked over and dislodged it. Its aura evoked within me a fresh stream of vigor. My attention was taken away from my awe by the eight screeching bastards who charged forth, claws at their ready to pounce on me. The moment their feet sprang from the brimstone, I crouched down and shielded myself with my wings, pushing them to the ground with a dark blue coat of fire feasting on flesh and bone. The others in the back growled at me and tried their luck as well... As the numbers grew one by one, so too did I bring them down with ease; the length and sharpness of Narkarmos splitting through their soft bones, severing arms and heads, gashing necks, impaling chests. Twas only when a demon in black armor and at least 6 feet, 5 inches tall crashed down, did the others cease in littering the brimstone floor with their own bodies. He drew his bulky sword, tip aimed at my torso... What was the name of this being again? 

"[By the orders of Lucifer, I command you to lay down all arms,]" he said while the lesser demons backed away. Now I remember: a Shetaimură, one of Lucifer's wardens.

"[By the orders of Lucifer, huh? Very well, I'll submit ..if you enforce your command.]"

"[You dare defy the word of your god?!]" The Shetaimură swung to my left, causing me to leap over the coming edge and create distance. Assuming I wished to escape, he pursued me, but was shot down by the bolts in my wings, and screeched in pain.

"[I see no reason to surrender to this 'god' you serve,]" I told the downed warden, stabbing Ñarkarmos through the chest.

"[The blood ...of the Fallen ...is within him,]" the warden questioned as I slid Narkarmos through to his throat. This Fallen blood ..do they fear it?

"[You ..GODDAMMED CRETIN!]" Judging from that voice, the Priestess must've come as soon as she took notice of the destruction. "[HOW IN LUCIFER'S NAME DID YOU WAKE SO SOON?!]"

"[It wasn't my plan to wake up so early, but I stand nonetheless, stained in blood.]"

"[Bastard.. I'll have to strike you down and reincarnate you with the Abyss now!]" The woman growled, drawing a dagger, but gave pause when she saw the dead warden. "[Not even a Shetaimură couldn't stop you?! ...Then I shall put you down myself!]"

Either her movements were slow, or I was just too fast for the Priestess. Ducking under her charging dagger, I spun on the sole of my foot and slashed at her stomach, earning a painful scream. Quivering, she fell down to her knees with a kick to the thigh. "[Y-You think you're so mighty, ABOVE ME just because you have your father's accursed blood?! YOU ARE LOWER THAN ALL OF US, YOU HORNLESS TRAITOR!!]"