Chapter VII: The Owl's Beak, Broken by the Horns of a Lamb..

(Prīus)

THAT WRETCH!! I did nothing to her, and SHE KILLS ME?!! I swear to God that she will pay for that!

"[Calm thyself. You may ration out your issue once you've arisen from the Tenebrae's resuscitation.]" Baphomet reassured.

"[How soon?!]" I growled at the deity.

"[Normally, the Fallen are able to be resurrected within 5 months, but because you are half of one, it'd take you longer. Double, I'd say.]"

"[Ten?!]"

"[However, I may be capable of decreasing your time to nine hours, since you're so focused on revenge.]"

"[Then say it, you damned god!]"

"[Simple heresy, Nazaeroth. Within the Abyss are souls. Souls that make up the substance, as it is what grants man life. Use my Eye. Absorb as many of these damned souls as you can to reincarnate yourself. Do know that it will rupture the function of your cells.]" I sat in question from the god's words, even when I presumably spotted a couple wisps of a brighter black. Concentrating on the feel of the Eye, I caught wind of a tiny hole at the pupil, and attempted to draw in the wisps. Baphomet told me to focus my muscles a little more for a gap, then try to breathe through the Eye. After widening the pupil that the hole was based upon, and then inhaling through it, the wisps came to me. "[Worry not about YOUR breathing, Nazaeroth. Inhale through the Eye and gather. But gather in succession. Too many souls clumped together may create uproar within thee.]"

I couldn't believe that such potent energy existed in Hell. T'would explain how we are replenished in full. The more of this darkness I sapped, the more I felt myself coming to life, and with that did the Tenebrae seem less void. Alas, I had to pause with each hour. Four hours in, there was just an outline of where I died. After six hours, my body was made faintly visible. Two more, and my surroundings were becoming where my body is now. Lilith stood nigh to my corpse. So long as she doesn't turn around, I can strike her back..

"[Trying to revive yourself with the aid of your companion, are you?]" Lilith asked. How does she know I'm trying to come back? "[Heh, Lucifer's pets sure are persistent, if anything. Come for me then, little boy! Resuscitate yourself! Come out from that mist and dance with me!]"

I clenched my fists at the first second of my life's return, emerging from a black mist snapped her chains, the demoness kicking me aback. Tumbling onto my knees, I saw the demoness following with her talons at her sides, swinging in her fury. She was just as fast as I, if not faster... I couldn't catch her arms, and the scratches hurt! Her left claw dug into my abdomen hither to her knee cracking a rib and my head slammed into hers... Damned wretch.. She's too quick for me..

"[What's the matter, child?! You've had enough confidence to side with that spoiled bastard, Lucifer, let alone having his stench whilst coming here! Here, Emperor, your failure of an assassin!![" Lilith spoke down to me as she prepared to finish me. Glancing at her, my Anger took shape in its bright red flames and coated me, wings stopping the blade. "[The hell?...]"

"[I do not work with Lucifer, yet you've taken your chances with death!]" I pushed her back with my wing hither to casting Narkarmos in my hands. The demoness then chuckled at me. What is so funny to this whore?

"Not only do you draw arms against me, but also dare lie to my face? ...I'll have your tongue for that, bastard!"

"[Then come take it!]" In my reply, our blades met with a loud bite. Warding mine upwards, her attempt at gashing my stomach failed. From a backstep to a lunge, I thrusted my sword at her head, Lilith smacking it aside with her wings. She then took her chances at getting a hit, starting with a claw swipe.. With a dodge and a strike to her stomach, I impaled Narkarmos through Lilith's back, then slammed her to the ground, my foot pressed hard on her head. The demoness spat out her sizzling blood and spoke.