5. Are You That Somebody

M'Liyah POV

Boy I gotta watch my back
Cause I ain't just anybody
Is it my go? Is it your go?
Sometimes I'm goody-goody
Right now I'm naughty-naughty
Say yes or say no
Cause I really need somebody
Tell me are you that somebody?
-Aaliyah

"Oh my gosh! There he is!" M'Liyah squealed in Ginger's ear.

"Girl!" Ginger said, pushing her. "Damn, who is this guy got you so giddy?"

"I'm not going to point to him, he'll know I'm watching him."

M'Liyah could not get her eyes off him, even though they were hanging with Spitfire's new rap group. They were cute and all, but she already had her eye on someone that blew them out of the water.

"Liy, you got that fine Icee over there lusting after you girl. Now he can be the one to take your V-Card. Look at him! Sheeeiit! Imma take his brother, you take him," Ginger said.

"You know mom will not let me date a rapper."

Ginger rolled her eyes. "Girl! Mommy letting you date someone is your problem. That's why I just cut Deonte loose. Choose your own boyfriend, what are we, in the eighteen hundreds with arranged marriages and shit?"

"How ya'll gonna ditch me tho?" Melodie made her way back to them.

"Because you got a man and we tryna find one." Ginger licked her tongue out at her.

"Whaa-aat? What man is y'all trying to catch?" Melodie sat on the sofa with them.

Her eyes glanced back over at him, just as he looked their way. He smiled at her. She smiled then looked down.

"Oh, snap! Is that who you crushing on Liy?" Melodie asked, pushing her arm. "That's Donnie "Don Juan" Sparks girl, he just did that big movie with Denzel and he blowing up. Fine too, huh?"

"Yeah, he probably thinks I'm too young or something. He can have anybody."

"Mel, why is she tripping?"

"Girl, I don't know. She looking like she is a mini-Beyonce and worrying about some man not wanting her."

"Fuck that, watch this," Ginger said, waving at Donnie to come over.

"Oh no," M'Liyah mumbled to herself. Her friend would do that to her. That's why she had not told her, she knew she would do something like that.

"Girl, here he comes, now act normal and stop fangirling," Ginger said.

Donnie walked over to them. He was one handsome man. Tall, about five-eleven, brown-skinned with a low fade, dark brown eyes, diamond studs in each ear, and cute as a button dimples. Of course, the body was banging as he had been shirtless in some of his movies.

"Hey ladies," he said in his deep, sexy voice.

"Hi," they all said in sync.

"That's so cute," he said, smiling showing his dimples.

"Hey Donnie, I'm Melodie and this is..."

"I know who you ladies are, Petite Trois. Ginger..." he nodded toward her, then smiled as he looked at her. "M'Liyah."

"He's sexier up close," Ginger whispered in her ear. This, she knew, she didn't need her friend to tell her that.

"Congratulations on your wins. You should have gotten song of the year, but I'm biased. I play that song out during my workouts."

"Aaaw, you're a fan?" Ginger asked.

"I mean, who's not," he answered.

"You know who's a big fan of yours? M'Liyah. She loved your last movie, she was just telling us about it," Melodie lied.