8. I Wanna Love You

Melodie POV

You've got it going on
With you, I belong
You undress my heart
From the very first start
You do understand me
Give your body to me
If you don't let me go
Let my love overflow
-Jade

"What do I get my lady who has everything she ever wanted?"

"You get me, honey," Melodie said, putting her arms around Anthony. "You know I don't need anything but my love bunny."

She planted kisses all over his face.

"You know yo girl gone clown me if I don't hook you up. She thinks I don't put in work for you like I sit on my ass all day and following you."

"Babe, don't worry what her salty ass saying, I know you look out for me." She kissed him again. "You love me?"

"Always and forever."

Despite what her girls thought, Anthony had been there for her since day one. Since that first day at Central VPA auditorium to every single show she did, to moving to Atlanta with her and her family, and traveling all over the world. He wasn't just her boyfriend, he worked for her. He helped build all her social media pages and was her personal assistant. And he did that not because he was her boyfriend, he did it because he was good at it.

How else was she more popular than Ginger? She knew she could never top M'Liyah, between her look and her voice, and the fact that little Miss Innocent was everyone's girl next door. Little ole white girl like her, they doubted her from the start. She had to prove herself more than the others. White girl trying to sound Black, when she could not help the fact that that's who she was.

She grew up listening to nineties music and greats like Toni Braxton, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, and Brandy. She was less into the Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera songs. So whatever. She grew up in one of the toughest areas in south St. Louis City that while diverse, still mostly Black. All her friends were Black.

Despite what some thought, she was 100% white. Her mother and father, still married, were white. All her sisters and brothers were all white, and there were a lot of them. She had three older sisters, two younger brothers, and a younger sister. So yes, seven kids in a small house. She spent most of her youth running around the block and hanging with friends.

It was no surprise to her that her first and only boyfriend was Black. She thought Black men were everything. Something about them for her. Let the haters say what haters say. She liked what she liked.

When Pamela told them they needed to move to Atlanta to grab a record deal, first she moved away with her older sister who was twenty-five. They had a small little apartment and it was cool not having a real grown-up to hound her. But then her sister was a mess and trying to take advantage of her and her money. She asked Anthony to step in and look over everything, and soon as he graduated from high school, he moved out to Atlanta with her.

Pamela didn't like that, but what was she going to do. When the money kept rolling in after the first successful album, her parents and the rest of the family moved there and bought a big house. With her money of course. So she lived in a house with mom, dad and four of her siblings, and two nieces. The house was always crazy, and they all enjoyed living off her dime.

At Least Anthony worked for it. Yes, he lived in the house too. No, they were forbidden from sharing a room, but whatever. Not like she was being watched 24/7.

Ginger thought because she was the oldest she was the first to do everything. Well, ba-bay! She gave up the V-card at age sixteen. What was she waiting on? She had been with Anthony for years. He was only two years older than her, so he was eighteen, though not a virgin.