11. Say My Name

Say my name say my name
If no one is around you, say baby I love you.
If you ain't running game, say my name, say my name.
You actin' kind of shady, ain't callin me baby.
Why the sudden change, say my name say my name.
If no one is around you, say baby I love you
If you ain't running game, say my name say my name.
You actin' kinda shady, ain't calling me baby
Better say my name.
-Destiny's Child

She was having so much fun hanging with Craig, she wasn't even thinking about Spitfire. When she had some free time, she flew out to LA to hang with him while he was there. M'Liyah was also there with her new boo. They were not out to the public with their relationship, they wanted to keep it private. How long would that last? They both were megastars with paparazzi clamoring to catch pictures of them, which they did. Sightings of them were the new thing to catch.

She groaned every time she saw pictures of them together. She wanted that. She wanted to be boo'd up with a hot guy and prance him all over the world. She couldn't do that with Spitfire. Maybe with Craig.

"Hey, are you coming to the Teen Choice Awards?" They were hanging out at her hotel suite. He was staying in her room and they had not had sex. Craig was walking around in nothing but some boxer shorts looking like a Calvin Klein model.

"Naw. I ain't blew the hell up yet. Y'all performing?"

"Presenting. You wanna be my date?"

"Shorty trying to get me blasted for that." Craig went off to the bathroom, not closing the door all the way while he took a piss.

"What? Spitfire not gonna do a thing. You know he have a whole girlfriend."

"Y'all messy!" he said. "Is that an Atlanta thang? Girl, fuck that nigga treatin' you like that."

"Phuh! Like you ain't fucking everything in sight."

Craig flushed, washed his hands, came back into the bedroom.

"That's cuz you ain't mine, shorty," he grabbed her in his arms. "If we were boo'd up, I might cut off all side pieces."

"Death to all side pieces!"

He snickered at her. "Ma, you a side piece."

She pushed him.

"Come here ma, look at this view," he said, pulling her over to the wall-length window. They were on the thirtieth floor looking over downtown L.A. at night. It was mesmerizing. Craig held her in his arms, with her back against his chest.

"Ma never thought a little country boy like me could be here, with a superstar like you."

"You're gonna be a superstar too."

"Shit don't come easy to niggas like me. People think cuz me and my brother pretty motherfuckers, is how we got this far. What the fuck I look like gotta do with how I rhyme? I can out rhyme any ugly mu'fucka out there. Let them get that twisted, then we drop this smoke on 'em," Craig said.

"When you make it big, remember me."

"How I'm gone forget you Mz. Ginger, Badass Diva."

She turned to face him.

"Well, if...if...I end things with Spitfire, then we can be out there like my girl M'Liyah and Don Juan. They acting like they Jay And Bey."

"Naw ma, fuck that! We ain't gotta be like nobody but ourselves."

She liked hearing him say that. She started kissing him. Oh, she was so ready to just let go and have Craig in every way. His hands were just sliding down her pants when her phone went off.