💖💔 h o m e 💔💖

this is (mildly) based on a few personal experiences of mine. enjoy!

tics, unvoluntary selfharm

He hit his head. Three hits with his wrist to be exact. And it wasn't enough so he needed to do it more. It was like an itch he couldn't scratch, and it was so difficult to deal with.

Denki Kaminari had Tourette's syndrome, and he had just gotten through yet another day of suppressing his tics. It was so difficult, and he always got huge tic attacks after school. It sucked. Really sucked.

In middle school Denki never suppressed his tics. And man, did he get hell for that. Whispering coming from every corner, teachers glares, students giggles. It was too much to bear sometimes. So when he got into UA and away from all of the kids who knew him and his tics, he learned to suppress them.

Denki wanted a fresh start, wanted away from the bullying and the rumors. So he hid this part of himself from everyone here, despite the terrible repercussions he had to deal with every night.

Currently, the blond was sitting alone is his dorm room, a tic attack raging through his body. This was one of the worst ones he had ever experienced, and he was so...

tired.
exhausted.

Everything hurt.

A headache pounded in his mind as he hit a fist against his head. Random vocal tics spurted out of his mouth as his hand tugged on his golden locks. Why did he have to be cursed with this stupid  'disease?'

What did he ever do to deserve this shit?

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he threw his water bottle across the room, cursing under his breath. It clattered against the wall and fell to the ground with a soft *thud*, water spilling everywhere. That was the second time today.

Suddenly a knock was sounding at his door, and the blond began to panic. It was obvious he had been crying, not to mention his insane ticcing and the mess that overrun his room. Denki just ignored the knock, but pretty soon the door was being slammed open with a blast.

"YOU OKAY IN HERE SHITTY DUNCE FACE?!" Katsuki screeched, a concerned Bakusquad crowding behind the ashy blond. The stress of the situation made Denkis tics worse, the blond biting down on his hand. The metallic taste of blood flooded his mouth as red liquid dripped down his hand.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" Bakugo yelled, rushing into the room with the bakusquad. Denki started panicking even more, his tics worsening to the point where he was practically yelling words as his neck twitched and he hit his head and-

and too many things.

"Bakugo quiet down, your scaring him." Mina hissed quietly at the ashy blond before turning to Kaminari. "Kami, hun, are you okay? What's wrong?" She began walking towards Denki, concern lacing her features.

"N- no! Don't touch me, i'll hit you!" Denki shouted, scooting further way from Mina. "I don't care, you being okay matters more than me accidentally getting hit a few times." Mina (read: mama mina) sat beside Denki and pulled him into a hug, laying the blond down. She ran her fingers softly through the blonds hair, whispering reassuring words.

The whole squad relaxed together on Denkis bed, helping him with his attack, and eventually Denki passed out from exhaustion.

Later that day they all talked, and reassured Denki that he never, ever needed to hide his tics from them, or in class. They told him it was something that he couldn't control, and that he shouldn't be ashamed of it.

Denki had never felt so loved and accepted, and it was wonderful. Everyone in class understood and respected him, and Aizawa threatened to expel any student that gave Denki any issues.

He felt so at home. Because for him, UA was home.