Chapter 3: He Calls you Princess!

Monday, June 1, 2020

Soarin's POV

"I'm open!" I yelled to my Quarterback, best friend, and bunkmate, Rapidfire, as I ran about 30 yards down the field during our first practice session. The ball was overthrown, so I put my foot in the ground and jumped as high as I could.

"What a catch, dude!" Windwalker said. He was guarding me one on one during practice. Our team was severely undermanned because everyone wanted to play for Manehatten, or Phillydelphia, our rivals. So each of us played both sides, making practice hard because we didn't have everyone in at the same time. We did have a complete Offensive Line separate from our Defensive Line. That's something, right?

"Thanks," I said as Thunderlane helped me up.

We typically split into 2 teams 3 vs. 4 running routes 1 on 1. Rapid at quarterback with 3 options.

"How high can you jump?" FireStreak asked me.

"I can get four and a half feet off the ground."

"Seriously?!" asked Thunderlane.

"They don't call me 'Soar'in for nothing!" I said, bragging just a little bit.

After practice, we went to get some Lunch. I was Starving!

Summer was going to be long and exhausting. We have Football on Monday, Soccer, and Basketball on Tuesday, Frisbee and baseball on Wednesday, Hockey and Swimming on Thursday, and Golf on Friday. The girls have cheerleading when we play Tackle football, they have Flag Football after our morning training session. On top of all that we have to go to the gym for at least 4 hours over the weekend. Lots of Sports and not a lot of time. Not to mention keeping up with my Band. I heard RainbowDash is in a band. She must know what it's like to balance sports and music then too. Fortunately, we only play 2 sports during the school year. We're all pretty much set on Football and Soccer.

"Hey guys, how's it going,? Lightning Dust said walking up to me.

"Uh... Good." I said suspiciously. Lightning Dust is never friendly to anyone but me.

"Awesome! Hey Soar, I need to talk to you."

"Uh Okay," I said as Thunderlane nudged me to go.

As I walked away I glanced at him.

He gave me the look of, 'It's now or never!'

RainbowDash's POV

"Man I hate cheerleading! Why do I have to do it again?" I asked Fleetfoot.

"Because Coach said so."

"Ya, but he's not here so."

"Well, Captain Spitfire said so too."

"But, Rapidfire is a Captain too."

"No, he's the boy's leader. Coach put them in charge, for the summer."

"Ugh, Whatever! Where is she anyway?" I asked.

"Right... Here" she said looking wide-eyed at something.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

Then I saw it, some yellow-haired girl kissing Soarin.

Before my friends could say anything else, I ran back to the locker room.

"Wait." I heard, yet ignored High Winds call.

Soarin's POV

"What do you want, Dust?" I said a little annoyed.