Chapter 8: A Rainbow Princess and Her Tiger

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Soarin's POV
We are currently 4-4. Now comes the real challenge! The undefeated 5-time raining champions, Crystal Prep University. We have never beat them and they have never lost to anyone in the last 5 seasons. We have to travel there for the 3rd consecutive season and try and win on Halloween.

Rapidfire's POV

"Alright boys," I began my pre-game speech, "The Wonderbolts may have never beaten the Shadowbolts, but the Shadowblts have never faced this new Wonderbolts team! It's time to show them that they should fear un! It's time to go to work. We have one job to do, and that's to win this game. 4-5 doesn't sound appealing. 5-4 does. This is a playoff team! A championship team! Time to show it! Bolts on 3! 1-2-3!"

"BOLTS!!!"

RainbowDash's POV

Alright, we're going to face the best team in the league. No problem. Well actually, none of my friends could travel out here, so I'm in the VIP section by myself. At least I don't have to listen to Egghead or PinkiePie yell. Oh well. Here they come.

I saw Soarin come out of the tunnel and he winked at me. I blushed so hard but was interrupted by a lot of fans screaming at him.

"Visiting team calls the toss."

"Tails."

"It is tails."

"We want the ball."

"Alright starting on Offense. Cool!"

We started with a Touchback and then 3 incomplete passes and a punt.

They took a 14 to 7 lead at halftime. Our lone touchdown was a run from the one-yard line.

Then we kicked to them for another touchback. Come on People, stop it with the touchbacks!

Then the CPU quarterback, ShadowWing, who's a jerk, by the way, threw over to triple coverage.

"Moon, into triple coverage," the announcer said, "and it's intercepted by Soarin Skies at the WBA 35 yard line!"

'Yes, let's go, Tiger!' I thought to myself since I had no one else to talk to.

"Skies down the sidelines! Into Shadowbolt Territory! To the 20, the 15, 10, 5, Touchdoooown! Wonderbolts!"

"Ya Tiger!" I screamed.

I got a lot of dirty looks from the CPU fans.

"The Wonderbolts tie it up at 14 after Soarins 5th pick of the season."

He ended up getting another pick, 7 more receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown. Bringing his total to 5 picks, 76 receptions for 1156 yards, and 14 TDs. Unfortunately, we lost in overtime. But we put up a fight against them, which is what we needed to do.

Soarin's POV
We lost, but the coach said he's proud. In fact, Rapidfire threw for the most yards against the Shadowbolts in 5 years. 18 for 29 for 234 yards and 3 TDs. Although he did throw 2 Interceptions. I just want to see my Princess at this point.

"Hey Tiger," I heard my Princess say.

"You have really good timing, Princess," I said.

"How so?"

"I was just wishing to see you!"

"Really now. Why's that?"

"Can't I just want to see you for the sake of seeing you?"

"I guess so."

"So, you ready for the costume party?"

"Yep, got us costumes."