Chapter 10: I Love you More!

Saturday, January 30th, 2021

RainbowDash's POV

The Last 2 weeks have been a blast! Despite the fact that I'm only watching that is. Soarin and the Wonderbolts have won both their wildcard game and semifinal game. Both of which were on the road, so they're exhausted. First, they won against New Horseleans and their quarterback SteamBurst 24-21 on a last-minute touchdown! Then they beat The Crystal Empire Academy and Twilight's Brother Shining Armor in an upset 31-28, also in a last-minute touchdown.

Now comes the real challenge. Crystal Prep University. Those snobs beat us in overtime earlier in the regular season. Now it's time for some Revenge. Wonderbolts Style!

Soarin's POV

"Today's the day!" Rapidfire yelled at us, "Alright! We're going to win today! It's our time! Time to end a dynasty! Time to do our best! Time to Compete! Time to Win! Time to be Wonderbolts! WONDERBOLTS on 3! 1-2-3!"

"WONDERBOLTS!"

Alright, Soarin. Do it for RainbowDash! Do it for your Princess!

"Wonderbolts Academy will choose the coin toss!" The referee explained.

"Heads!" Rapidfire called.

"The Wonderbolts have selected heads!"

"We want the ball!" Rapidfire said.

"IT'S GO TIME!" I screamed.

I was standing in the endzone ready to receive the opening kick. Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts Cheerleaders were doing their routine infront of the stands. The Shadowbolts kicker, kicked the ball about 9 yards into the endzone. I decided that since it's that far in the endzone that I'll just kneel and take the touchback.

"Touchback! The Wonderbolts will start on their own 25!"

I lined up on the right side, awaiting Rapidfire's call.

"1-80! Set!"

The ball was snapped to him from our center and I ran about 5 yards forward faked left and ran right to the corner. However, the Shadowbolts corner was with me step for step. Fortunately, I'm not Rapidfire's only Target.

"Rapid, fires to LightningStreak for 35. 1st Down Wonderbolts!"

"Blue 19! Set!"

"Rapidfire steps up! Throws over the middle. Caught by Firestreak for a gain of 16! Another Wonderbolts 1st Down!"

Now we were running a running play with Windwalker.

"Blue 19! Set!"

"Windwalker up the middle for, maybe a yard. 2nd Down!"

Now I was on an in route while FireStreak was on an out route. We essentially were crossing paths to throw our opponents off.

"3-19! Set!"

"Rapidfire steps up! Throws! Intercepted by the Shadowbolts at CPU 12! Back to the CPU 29. Rapidfire on the Tackle!"

I clapped my hands in frustration, "We were so close!"

"Dammit!" Rapidfire shouted, "Sorry Guys!"

"It's okay bro. We'll make it up!"

RainbowDash's POV

The last thing we needed was to throw an interception to the best team in football on the opening drive.

"Let's go Defense!" I heard Scootaloo and my Parents yell!