Chapter 1: Farewell Canterlot and Hello Wonderbolts!

RainbowDash's POV
Sunday, May 31, 2020

"Finally," I thought as my friends and I finished loading my stuff in my car.

"Why are you leaving so early again?!" asked one of my friend Pinkie Pie, while eating a whole cake in one bite. Don't ask!

"I already told you Pinkie, the Wonderbolts Academy requires Freshman to be there at the start of summer," I responded, obviously annoyed.

"Why, if you don't mind me asking?" my closest friend Fluttershy asked.

"For Training, duh," I retorted, "They want me to select 2 sports to play full-time. It's a Sports School Afterall!"

"Did you at least pack 1 dress, Darling?" My fashion-loving friend Rarity asked.

"Yes," I said while rolling my eyes, "but only because you made me! I'm not going to wear it."

"Here," My friend Sunset Shimmer said while handing me my favorite football gloves. I was planning on giving them to Scootaloo, a young schoolgirl who idolizes me. She's basically my little sister now.

"Thanks, Sunset!" I said.

"We sure are going to miss you, sugar cube." My friend Applejack said, sadly.

"Me too. I wish we all were going to the same school, but it's quite the opposite, 7 different ones." Egghead, I mean Twilight said.

"Yes, but you all can still hang out tell then, and I'm coming back for the 4th of July for a sleepover, okay?" I said.

"I know, but It still sucks."

"Ya"

"Anyways, I need to get going now," I said nearly tearing up. NEARLY! I Don't Cry! Ever!

I gave all my friends a long group hug and was about to get in my car to leave for the Wonderbolts Academy.

"Wait a Minute, Young Lady!" My Mom, Windy Whistles said.

"You're not leaving without saying goodbye to us, are you?" asked my Dad, Bow Hothoof.

"Oh... Sorry, Mom and Dad," I said Hugging them, "I love and miss you already!"

"Goodbye Dashie," my Dad said tearing up.

"Keep it cool Dad, but never change."

I had one more person to say goodbye to. That would be my young friend Scootaloo, the one I mentioned earlier. I pulled up near her and her friend's treehouse to say farewell.

Knock. Knock.

"Oh, Heya RainbowDash," Applebloom, Applejacks Little sister said.

"Hey, Bloom! Is Scoots here?"

"Ya, Come in."

"Hey, Scoots!" I said trying not to sound sad.

"Rainbow Don't Go!" She wauled jumping into my arms.

"I know you're upset, I am too. But, you know I have to go."

"I know," She said sadly, breaking my heart.

"But first, I have something for you."

"Really! What?"

I handed her my Phone Number and my Favorite Football Gloves.

"I-I don't know what to say!" She said tearing up, "I can't accept your gloves!"

"Do it for me. Okay, Squirt."

"B-but they won't even fit."

"You'll grow into them, trust me."

"O-okay!"