SHE'S BACK

Gabriela Dawson is back for good. Sylvie is happy that she is back but also worried that Matt is going to break up with her to get back together with her. They have only been dating for two months and him and Gabby have a lot of history. No one in the firehouse knows about their relationship so she has nobody to talk to about it. She came back two days ago and it has been eating her up. 

Matt can see that something is wrong with her but every time he asks her about it she says that everything is fine. He is getting really worried about her. They have always been able to talk about the things that are bothering them; bad shifts, calls everything. She cancelled their date yesterday with no explanation.

Today, when the shift ended, she left without a word. Matt is lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling and he hears the doorbell ring. It's Sylvie. He steps aside to let her in. She goes in the living room and starts pacing back and forth.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"We need to talk," she says. 

"Are you breaking up with me?" he asks her.  

"No. I just... I am worried," she tells him and sits on the couch. Matt sits down next to her and grabs her hand.

"About what?"

"I am worried that you are going to break up with me because Gabby is back because of your history. And I understand, so please if you are going to do it, do it now."

"Sylvie, I am not going to break up with you to get back together with Gabby. Like you said her and I are history. Do you really think that I would have asked you out if I wasn't completely over her?" 

"I don't know. I just have been so worried, I haven't really been able to think straight," Sylvie says.

"I love you, Sylvie Brett. Gabby coming back won't change that," He tells her and looks at her with the softest look possible.

"You love me?"

"I do," he assures her, " I love you very much."

"I love you, too, Matthew Casey." He leans in and softly kisses her. 

~~~~~~~~~~NEXT MORNING~~~~~~~~~~  

Sylvie wakes up to an empty bed. She gets up to look for her boyfriend and finds him flipping pancakes. 

"Good morning," she says, smiling.

"Good morning, beautiful. Breakfast is ready, have a sit," he says, "Do you want to go tonight at Gabby's welcome back party?"

"Of course, I do. She may be your ex-wife but she is still my friend." Matt notices the look on her face when she says that.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you think that she will get mad at me when we are ready to tell people about us?"

"Are you happy?" he asks her.

"I am."

"Then, who cares? If she gets mad, she'll get over it."

"I love you," Sylvie tells him.

"I love you, too."

After breakfast, Sylvie leaves to meet up with Kidd and Dawson for coffee. They are talking about the new things in their lives when Stella brings up Sylvie's secret boyfriend.

"Secret boyfriend, huh? Do we know him?" Gabby asks her.

"If I told you, then he wouldn't be a secret boyfriend."

"Emily has a suspicion about who he is but nothing solid," Stella says. Brett's eyes widen.

"She does?" she asks, shocked. Stella nods her head and Gabby looks intrigued.

"Who does she thinks it is?"

"Captain Matthew Casey," Kidd answers and Sylvie chokes on her coffee. 

"Well, she is wrong," she says, not able to look the girls in the eyes.

"You are a terrible liar, Sylvie Brett," Gabby tells her.

"I know," she groans," Do you hate me?"

"Of course not. Matt and I are history. If you two are happy, then I am happy."

"I can't believe that you didn't tell me that you are dating Casey." 

"I wanted to but we decided to keep it secret until we were ready. Please, don't say anything."

"We won't," Stella promises her.