PACING

One Wednesday afternoon,  Kelly and Stella returned from lunch to Casey pacing in the living room. 

"What's wrong, buddy?" Severide asked Matt.

"I want to do something but I don't know if I should," he replied.

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to tell her that I like her but If she doesn't feel the same way then our friendship will be ruined," Matt said.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Sylvie," Stella said.

"How did you know?" Casey asked her.

"I have eyes."

"Is it that obvious? Do you think she knows? Do you think I should ask her out?" 

"Yes. No. Definitely," she answered his questions. Kidd kissed her boyfriend's cheek, "I'll leave you two to talk." She went in their bedroom and immediately texted Foster.

Stella: Guess what? Casey says he want to ask Sylvie out.

Emily: FINALLY! When?

Stella: I don't know. We came back from lunch and found him pacing in the living room. He is nervous. He doesn't know if she feels the same way. 

Emily: Is he blind?

Stella: As blind as Brett. 

Meanwhile in the living room, Matt was still pacing back and forth. Severide was sitting on the couch and watching his best friend pace. 

"Will you, please, stop pacing and sit down?" 

"I don't want to ruin my friendship with Sylvie," he said, sitting down.

"You won't. I am sure she will say yes if you ask her out. I'll help you practice what you're going to say."

~~~~~5 P.M.~~~~~ 

Matt had almost knocked on Sylvie's door three times when he finally got the courage to actually knock. Sylvie opened the door and was surprised to see Matt.

"Hey, Matt. Come in," she told him. He didn't go in.

"I just need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Would you like to go out to dinner with me on Friday?" he asked her.

"Like a date?"

"Yes."

"I would love to," she said, smiling. Matt grinned taking in the fact that she actually said yes.

"How does 8 o' clock sound?" 

"Sounds perfect."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow at work." He turned out to leave when he heard Sylvie say his name. He turned around to look at her. "Yeah?" 

She kissed him. He responded to the kiss immediately. The kiss deepened quickly and Sylvie pulled him in thee apartment. You can guess what happened next.

~~~~~FRIDAY MORNING~~~~~

Shift had just ended, Matt was leaning against his car waiting for Severide. Sylvie saw him and went to talk with him.

"Hi," she said. He looked up from his phone and smiled at her.

"Hey, Sylvie."

"I have a question. Where are we going tonight?"

"I made reservations at the new Italian place that you said you wanted to go to last week."

"How did you manage that? I thought it was full for the next month."

"I know a guy."

"Well, I have to go. See you at 8."

"Can't wait," he said, giving her his heart-melting Matt Casey smile.

Brett spent the rest of the day looking at her closet trying to find something to wear. Three hours before Matt was supposed to pick her up, she gave up decided to call Stella to help her. She would have called Emily but she was on shift. 

As soon as she finished getting ready, she started pacing in the living room like Casey two days ago and like Severide Stella was sitting on the couch trying to calm her down. She managed to do that five minutes before Matt arrived and left.  As she was leaving she saw Matt outside looking at his phone obsessively. 

"How long have you been standing here?" He looked up and saw his roommate.

"Ten minutes. I was worried about traffic. What are you doing here?"

"I helped Brett get ready. You know that we live like ten minutes away, right?" she told him.

"I know but I got nervous."

"Well, you should go up. She is ready."

"Wish me luck!"

Matt smiled at her and entered the building. When he got outside of her apartment, he knocked the door. Sylvie opened her door and Matt forgot how to breath for a few seconds. 

"You are gorgeous."

"Thank you. You look very handsome."

"Thank you. Shall we?" 

"Let's go," she said, taking his hand.

*SPOILERS*

A/N The new episode killed me. It was amazing. Brettsey was so cute!!!! and Stella deserves the world.

I still can't believe that Brett didn't call Kim but I love the fact that Matt was so overprotective. Ugh! JUST KISS ALREADY! 

Matt jumping out of the MOVING truck on the promo. OH MY GODS!