Purple

Warning: Suicide mention. There might be quite a few warnings throughout this book a little so idk if I might include one each time.

There she was. Millicent Fitzsimmons. The girl that I deemed to be the most perfect girl in the world. She was intelligent and kind and even funny sometimes. I don't know her personally, but I have been going to school with her for a while. She is everything to me.

Don't take this the wrong way though, I'm not like a yandere or something. I've just got a really big crush on her. Enormous crush on her actually. Oh how I desperately wished I had the guts to talk to her and be her friend at least. She was so different and beautiful, but always so lonely. I had no idea what was wrong with the kids at this school. They're the reason she is so miserable, picking on her and calling her names just because she's different. I like different. I wish she was happier. At times, I would reach out anonymously to see if she was doing okay. Like a letter I wrote to her a while ago, stating that I was someone at school and wanted to know if she was okay. She hadn't replied, maybe because she had no idea who to make it out to. That was a big whoops on my end.

To tell you about myself, I'm (Y/N). I'm a strange teenage girl I guess. Or so I've been told. I guess you can say I'm antisocial, but it really is because people just avoid me. I don't feel sad because of it, not anymore. It's just what it is. And if there was a meter for liking kids things and liking goth things, I'd be right smack dab in the middle. I'm mostly known for wearing dark clothes and baggy pajamas to school. I admire Millie because she has the confidence to even wear makeup. She dresses so nice. I carry around toys and draw very well. Usually you might find me playing with my viewmaster or kaleidoscope, or drawing Millie and thinking about her. How nice it would be. I have even gone as far as keeping a notebook about her. I know it sounds kind of creepy, but it really isn't. I'm just a forgetful person at times and I don't ever want to forget a person like Millie. It's really just date ideas, what to say what not to say, things that she likes and doesn't like. I know she's a vegetarian and she doesn't like meat. I know that she likes victorian memorial jewelry and poems and morbid stories. And death. Which brings me to another reason I think about her.

I worry for Millie. I worry a lot for her. I can't tell if she really is suicidal or not, but she seems so mopey and down all the time. I wish I could just take her away and make her happy and spoil her with things she likes. Besides death of course. I like scary things and have often even thought about death a few times myself. Though I really just thought about what comes after. Sometimes, I was so scared some nights that Millie might just stop showing up to school. If only I could just tell her that someone cares, and that someone thinks about her and wants her to be happy and will help her and listen to her. She is everything to me. Shame on Hannah for ever leaving such a beautiful and interesting person. Which brings me to a third point.

Not only is Millie different and witty, but she is adorable. She had a light milky complexion, the color of a blushing white peach. Her hair was spun of a dark, rich plum and the way her bangs slightly dangled in front of her eyes drove me crazy. Her eyes were a perfect mix between doe sized and almond like. They were a shiny greenish hazel, and her eyeliner carefully applied everyday, along with the natural dark lipstick she would add to her pretty lips just accentuated the youthful and grim beauty she had. Her nose was a cute pink button and I notice her knuckles and ears are a pink peachy color as well. Mille has a full body blush. Her wardrobe was dark with pops of color at times, and she'd wear the small array of jewelry I noticed she had. Millie was perfect. Which is why I was so shy to talk to her. Even now, a year or so later. We had spoken once or twice in the past before in school. About assignments and such. I cherish those moments and hold them special to my heart. And when she smiles?

She isn't like anything you had ever seen.

When Millie smiles, she lights up the whole world. It's so refreshing to see her happy enough to smile. Although it is the white whale in my life I hope to see more often, I think about the rare times it has happened.

Reality gently lured me away from my thoughts as I noticed Millie finishing her lunch and getting up from the table she sat alone at. I sat at a table near her, close enough to see her but not close enough to let her see me. I looked down at the sketchbook I had plopped down on table, my drawing of her unfinished. Millie had such a cute face, it was hard not to stare. Luckily, she never caught me. She was always busy reading or writing. I wondered if she liked H.P Lovecraft. Maybe I could get her a book. It was December after all. Not too long before Christmas arrives. Millie never really seemed to care much for Christmas, but any excuse to get her a gift without her suspecting something was good for me. Oh well, I'll dwell on it later. Time to go back to my classes and... think about Millie more. Don't worry, I do good in school though. I wonder if Millie does. We only have two classes together. Though she's so quiet, I wonder if the teacher notices her. I certainly do. Maybe if she doesn't do well in a class... I could be her tutor. Then we'd spend time together. The thought made my heart race and the butterflies in my stomach soar. But after a while, she'd get better and wouldn't need me anymore. But if we become friends, we could talk outside of school!

I nearly had to hold back a squeal before sighing a bit in disappointment. Gotta stop daydreaming, gotta get to class. I was shoving my sketchbook into my bag before noticing the mood ring on my finger. It glowed a bright purple. The color of passion.