Chapter 10: The Bridge

"This way!"

Soon the small group of three rounded a corner to see Jessica, dressed in a flowing white dress and a veil, Herobrine, and the Fire woman, Lily, they had to remind themselves, huddled up, whispering.

Soon, Herobrine and Jessica calmly began walking across a bridge that looked to be made of stars, Lily watching them with a proud air around her.

Suddenly, her head turned to them as she pulled out a enchanted diamond sword, her golden tiara glinting in the soft moonlight, the red gem set into it sending a small red reflection into the wall.

Petra's POV

As I watched her turn, my mind turned to the things I saw while exploring, and meeting Lukas before he had ran off on the other side of the bars. I had a feeling that maybe she was nice, but I still didn't trust Herobrine.

As I quietly locked eyes with Lily, the bridge began fading away, much to Steve's anger.

"COME BACK HERE, YOU VILLIAN!" He shouted, glaring toward the two as they faded into the distance toward a floating pagoda.

What was special about it? Other than it floating and having a Star Bridge to access it. Next to it was a door, but still.

Steve began sputtering nonsense at Lily, basically demanding that she open the door.

Lily didn't move an inch, instead saying, "I don't know the password. You will not lay your hands on the Stone."

As she spoke, her eyes began glowing green and white, her pupils disappearing due to the glow.

"But I won't fight Petra or Jesse. I don't want to hurt my baby brother or his friends."

I was shocked. Why did she want to fight me? And what did she mean by 'baby brother'?

As if reading my thoughts, she said, "I promised Jessie."

Steve gave a harsh laugh. "Promises mean nothing to you or your family!"

She glared at him, snipping out, "At least I don't try to kill defenseless children."

Steve glared, with a smirk that made me feel uncomfortable on his face.

Raising her voice, she said, "I know your there, Entity. Come out."

Just as she finished speaking, a figure shrouded in white appeared above her. She tilted her head up to look at him with a smirk.

"I only wish to fight your father." It said, coldly, it's red eyes glowering at the young lady.

"Then fight. He'll come to make sure that Jessica completes the Inheritance Ritual. Annabelinda!" Lily shouted, startling them as an Ender dragon with Cyan eyes landed next to her. "Let's go!"

Immediately, the dragon charged and snatched Jesse and I up in it's claws gently and backed away as Lily lunged forward to meet Steve's blade with her own, a resounding clash hitting the air.

I looked up at it in interest. It seemed as if it was more wanting to protect them to harm us. I also was intrigued, as I never saw a real Ender dragon before. Only on tapestries.

So, all I could do is watch the fight.

Meanwhile, with Jessica, Herobrine and Lukas (Lukas's POV)

I quietly sat on the bench on the floating pagoda, waiting for Jess and her father to appear for the ritual start.

Soon, they appeared and Herobrine led his daughter toward me. I couldn't help but stare at Jessica.

Her gown was white with red trim at the sleeves and Golden yellow thread design on the skirt. Her veil had green flowers holding up the sheer white material. A golden star necklace laid softly on her collarbone, and white gloves gently covered her warrior-calloused hands.

She was beautiful, and my heart was thudding so hard I thought for certain that they could hear it.

Herobrine turned his head after a couple of minutes of chatting with us, making sure we knew what to do.

"I have to go and fight. Dear, you can do this. I believe in you, never forget that." With that, he turned and vanished. Undoubtedly teleporting to fight next to Lily.

I watched Jessica as she carefully mapped out the ritual area. As she finished, she turned to me, raw worry on her face.

"I don't think I can do this, Lukas... What if I mess up?! I just want to tell you that I am so sorry for what I said that night. I was stressed, and-" she continued babbling nonsense, her gloves hand fluttering.

I listened to her babble for a while, then I decided that she needed to start. So I did the first thing that came to mind, after moving the veil slightly:

I kissed her.

I poured all of my feelings into that kiss, my forgiveness, my adoration, my belief in her.

As we separated for air, I looked at her and said, " You can do this, Jess. Just focus on the ritual, and all will go well. I'll be right here for you. I forgive you."

Jessica's POV

I blinked at Lukas, my mind racing with what had just occurred.

Lukas... kissed me... He forgave me. And he believed that I could do this. My lip trembled as I nodded at him.

He let me go with a smile, while I had to stop myself from burying myself in his arms again.

With a deep breath, I turned to the flower basket, but I turned and said one last thing before we started.

"Lukas...?"

He looked at me with one of his eyebrows raised. I smiled at him and said, "I love you, too."

He burst into a wide grin, telling me that I was correct with my thoughts about the adoration I felt through the kiss, our first kiss.

With that, I turned and grabbed the flowers to begin.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I hope you stay safe, healthy, and have a good rest of your day!

Having said that, I will be seeing you next chapter!

Soar high, my hybrid fledglings! 💙💙

998 words