Chapter 9: The home

Jesse's POV

I walked next to Petra with my shoulders tensed. The forest had gotten so dense that we had had to leave the horses behind. I had glanced back earlier to see my sister's horse, with it's simple bridle off, nuzzling up to Lukas's horse.

I smiled as I thought of that. It was painfully obvious that the horses were more open with their love. I glanced at Petra, her red hair blocking her face, but I could still clearly see her silver gray eyes.

"You ought to be more honest, Jesse." Came Jessica's calm, even voice in my head. "It's so obvious that you like her. Petra's not gonna wait forever."

"I'll tell her how I feel if you tell Lukas how you feel." I had teased, seeing my sister's normally stoic face flush a deep crimson.

"Maybe I will." I knew she wouldn't as she turned away. She was always afraid of rejection, or getting hurt. Once, a jerk had been using her to get diamonds, but that was before we became a group with Olivia and Axel. He had died to the Witherstorm, we had found out after everything.

I heard snapping and a "Earth to Jesse!" Snapping out of my daze, I blinked into the  purple eyes belonging to Steve. He was glowering.

"Don't get lost in thought! Your sister and Lukas will be in danger if you do."

I blinked as he turned away. Right... The ritual Steve told us about. I shook myself asI I frowned.

Soon, we stepped out of the forest to see a house in the mountain. Literally, it was dug into the mountain, with balconies potruding out at random windows.

All in all, it was a clever build.

Now, all we needed to do was go in and find Lukas and Jessica.

I'm sorry for such a short chapter. I'm having writers block, and I'm having trouble. Stay safe, guys.

Soar high, my hybrid fledglings!