Chapter Eight - Souls

I blinked, and held my breath for a second or so.

I wondered how he would end up killing people, that seemed so drastic, but didn't want to risk offending him by asking because it seemed like a sensitive topic.

"Mine isn't so bad, " JK began,"it's relaxed a lot more being around you all, which you know that. Probably because of the whole Pantheon thing, and our blood lines being so close. But when I'm around any other people, descendant from the Gods or not, I want to just create war. I want to help cause mayhem, and let go" he breathed out slowly, glancing at the floor towards the end.

I couldn't image that. Apart from drastic storms, which had been known to cause hurricanes once before, I didn't have any bad feelings towards my abilities.

"I'm sorry" I muttered.

"Tae's is a lot worse" JK said quietly, looking over at Tae with a sad expression.

I looked at Tae who quickly glanced at me, and for just a few seconds I saw quite a soft look in his eyes, before he tensed his jaw and glanced down at the floor.

"You know I don't feel it for any of you" Tae muttered, and ran his tongue along his bottom lip, "still, I know it's there. I feel it each time somebody is near, and even then I struggle to stop it from happening to the forest around me. It's hard work sometimes, stopping from doing it"

"Doing what?" I asked, without even released I had said it, before my mind registered it.

"Devouring their souls. Within ten seconds or so, if I'm not concentrating I can end up killing the nature around me... it's worse when I'm around other people"

"Then don't concentrate on stopping it in the forest anymore" I said quickly.

Tae burrowed his eyebrows at me.

I shrugged, "I'll heal it"

I watched as he blinked once and then had a surprised expression for a second or so. JK nodded, understanding why I said the first comment.

He opened his mouth to say something, but let out a breath before closing it. I couldn't help the side smile on my face, it seemed I had made him speechless.

Tae saw the smile, and I almost saw the same expression on his face before he looked back over at JK, who was glancing down at the ground, he was trying to hold back a smile and was failing.

"Shut up" Tae breathed, and then he did smile.

"See, better together" we all heard Yoongi's voice from the kitchen.

We all turned to look at him, his back was to us, and I watched as he flinched slightly, hunching his shoulders forward. Yoongi turned around quickly trying to act stern with his expression, but failing with his bright and playful eyes.

Tae gasped, grabbing his arm, and then chuckled. The three of them laughed, and I realised that this was a family right here, and one I was meant to be apart off.

"I'm going to go to the lake" I said, standing up.

"Alright" JK smiled, smiling.

As I arrived at the lake, I wondered idly on where the wolf was. Then, I thought deeper into that comment, I quickly pushed out my mind.

And as I closed my eyes and concentrated, I found I could pin point more clearly where life sources were around the map from the roots, it was like they were lightening up. I found the wolf half a mile away, and for some reason I could focus on that light deeper as it seemed like a bright yellow speck rather than white.