Chapter Twelve - Thanks To Athena

Tae cleared his throat and done a deep breath before speaking.

"My Mom was the one that was the descendant, and she met my Dad when she was about fourteen," Tae began, "they were friends for ages before my Dad apparently made a move when they were about twenty, he knew all about her. My Mom told me she struggled a lot at first to slowly pull his soul away, but as she developed feelings for him she said it calmed down a lot"

"So your Dad wasn't a descendant?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Joonie wasn't down playing when he said we haven't met another descendant than just the Pantheon in a very long time"

I nodded, letting him know to continue.

"They had me shortly after, and moved to a place that's about eight hours away from here. I often wondered if she knew that Joonie's Dads place was near, just in case of trouble since I was now born and a new generation for her blood line, " he said, breathing out at the end, "Then a woman showed up when I was about two. I can't remember much, and I'm only going by what my parents told me. She was heavily pregnant, and gave birth to JK a few days later, she was my Mom's best friend and her partner had been killed"

I felt the tug of his ability that was probably shifted by his emotions by the look of his stern expression.

"When JK was about three, and I was five, his Mom went on a supply trip, she would only be gone for about nine hours or so. My Dad went with her, they couldn't risk a person who was not a descendant to be with me or JK to protect us," he muttered, his eyes closing briefly, "my Dad came back to the safe house covered in blood, I can remember the image in my head as he burst thought the front door. I'm just thankful JK was too young to remember it as he was right next to me"

I was so immersed in what he was saying, listening to his deep voice that I knew my emotions were heightening knowing what was coming, and I had to concentrate on keeping my ability in check.

"JK's Mom had been killed, and they were following my Dad, he was a very fit man and could run for miles, and luckily out ran them. My Mom grabbed a rucksack, and then the both of us, as she held the both of us in each arm as we clung to her, we had to say goodbye to my Dad. He knew he had to give my Mom time to escape and put distance between us and them" he said slowly, his voice shaking a little at the end.

The burst of such raw emotion I had felt once for quite a while in my life, had caused a hurricane so bad that my Uncle had to repair part of the cottage.

I felt my eyes water, and the sun disappeared from around us, thick grey clouds filled the sky. Tae didn't look that concerned, as he carried on.

"We went to a place, where my Mom thought it would be best to try hiding in plane sight, acting as a single Mom with two sons. And honestly as much as a risk as it was, she was out of options, we lived quite a normal life until JK was fourteen and I was sixteen" Tae breathed out.

He looked over at me, and I took a deep breath.

"We came back home from school, to find them in our house. My Mom screamed at us to run as four of them ran from her in the kitchen, she was bleeding heavily from her torso, it looked like she had been shot multiple times, and was bleeding from her mouth" he said quietly, his ability pounding at my mind almost triggered me.

We all had known such loss as such a young age. It just proves how close these these hunters were on our tails, they had managed to get to the last generation.

Then that made me wonder, is that why this has happened now? The Pantheon meeting for the first time in centuries, and the fact Hades and Persephone descendants were meeting again?