Chapter:4

•Drishti•

"Yes mom, I'm fine. Yaa, I just won't be able to go to college for some days, if ma'am calls you tell her that I'm at aunt's house...okay? Hmm, yaa, I'll take care, okay bye you too take care, hmm." I looked at my phone which a few seconds back had my parents voice echoing through it but now it was flashing my wallpaper which had a picture of me grinning widely hugging my parents. 

"Melon, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Do they have an option for your head on a platter? Then I want that. Thank you." I smiled at him extra sweetly getting one in return from him. 

"Oh sorry, the menu in the hotel wasn't designed for wendigos like you, it was designed for normal people like me, so just act like a human and order something worth eating." He hung the towel on the hanger and picked up the room service phone and started dialling a number. 

Act like a human? What the hell did he mean!?

I stormed towards Rakshit with my finger stretched out pointing towards him. 

"Stop testing my patience, okay? What do you mean by 'act' like a human, I'm human, why should I have to act then?"

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed, thanks for telling." Sipping his coffee he looked at me with an amused expression. 

"Tell me one thing, did you tell your parents about our adventuring past?" Now this earned him a glare, his words were literally going in another direction. 

"Stop twisting the sentences like that okay, and No, I just told her that I'm at my aunt's house because of an emergency and because my mom literally despises that aunt of mine I know that she'll not call her, so..." I trailed picking up my phone and putting it for charging, thanks to the hotel for that. 

"But what if something happens to you, then? What if you get hurt then what will you say to them or what will I tell them? Like come on melon." This time his tone scared me a bit, he sounded serious, which he never was from the time I met him. 

You mean yesterday night. Stop exaggerating and say yesterday

My conscience found the need to open its mouth and remind me that I was exaggerating, but then whatever he was like damn serious right now. 

"But Rakshit if I'll tell them, then I wouldn't be here I would be at home which is dangerous either way so why not here?" 

Rakshit got up from the bed and started walking towards me with an unknown emotion dwelling in his eyes. The moment he was at a two step distance away from me I could see him taking in a deep breath to calm himself before speaking.   

He knows that he has to be patient to talk to you, I like this boy he has brains. 

"See melon, you are pushing yourself more into trouble and increasing the risk of hurting yourself. Just listen to me and tell your parents, sure that they'll worry but they'll find a way to keep you safe." He finished his rant which I completely ignored and just focused on the last lines. 

"Yaa, and let them take me and leave you alone here, huh no." I deadpanned, giving him a challenging look to which he reciprocated equally. 

"You are going to do that."

"I won't, try me." 

Now, I was pinned to the poor wall or well not actually poor, the walls of this damn hotel were looking rich as hell. 

Wait, is hell rich? Never mind when I go I'll find out. 

Rakshit looked, ha, my bad. Glared me. Our distance was as much as two opposite magnets kept together. Very very close. I could feel his breath on my face and I'm sure he could feel mine too, because damn, I was hyperventilating right now and my dear heart was on the track of giving me a heart failure.