Need for Advice

Everyone in the Kingdom, except my sister, knows about my father's illness, and now, I do too. Since I, Princess Sonia, of the Nevermind kingdom, is next in line to heir the throne, I must find a best suitor for this kingdom. As I finish my breakfast, I sigh and left to talk to anyone, and I mean literally anyone, about finding "the one".

I walked around the halls, expecting to find at least some knights, but could find none. I frown at this, and decided to look elsewhere. The silence was unbearable, and I really wanted to at least find someone to talk to. As my mind grew angered, an idea popped up in my head. A smile arose from my eyes and I scurried along the corridors in hope to find him.

Alas, I knew he would be here. He was one of my knights, and a good one to say the least. Many women fawn all over him, and write him love letters. And he knows how to reject them in the nicest way possible. He has quite a way with words, it helps in these types of situations, I believe. He was panting rather loudly, since he just had finished sparring with one of the other knights.

This knight had short, light brown hair. He was quite skinny in appearance, but he has actually quite the muscular built. He had golden eyes, and is quite strong for someone who looks quite weak. I waited til he had calmed down, and walked into the room, eyes darted on him, and my arm waving to him. And with my friendliest voice I can do, I spoke, "Why good morning, my finest knight!" He turned his head and smiled at me, and took off his helmet.

"Morning's to you too, Princess." He bowed and I clapped my hands, thankful for his kind and respectful behavior. I smiled and gave out a laugh, "why, you're so kind, Hajime!" I said with such enthusiasm. He returned to his formal form, eyes looked at me. He then placed his helmet to the side of him, and casted his sword away, "why thank you, Princess. Now, what brings you to talk to a Knight, such as myself?" My eyes grew as i remembered why I was here.

I clapped my hands together and smiled sweetly, "Dear Hajime, may I ask you a question, if you do not mind?" His face lit up with Curiosity, and and he placed his hand onto his chin, "I do not mind, however, is this urgent?" I blinked a couple of times, trying to figure out if it is or not. Eventually, I came up with an answer. "Ah! It's not a knights request, if you are wondering that. If anything, it's a request upon myself."

This peaked his interest, and he cocked his head to the side, "Well, go on and ask, Princess." My eyes averted to the floor once again, and I couldn't stop fidgeting with my hands as I spoken. "Do you..know..how you- how do you know that you're in love..?" My cheeks burned up, and I could feel the heat on my face fill up. All I can hear is Hajime laughing, and I turned my head to him, his face showed happiness and joy.

"Is that all you came to ask me, Princess?" He finally said, after he was done laughing. Embarrassed, I placed my hair front of me, and played with my hair. "Y-yea..", is all that came out of my lips. My voice was soft and quiet, but loud enough for Hajime to hear. He placed his hands onto my shoulder and sighed, "well, Princess. I'm not one to tell you how love really is like, but I'll give my best example." His smile grew larger as he placed his hands on his sides. He walked to the nearest stool and placed it behind him.

He sat down and explained to me, in his own words, what love is. "Well, for everyone, love is different. For me, it's fighting for what I believe is right. If everyone were to figure out who I was with, some would be joyous, thankful, and full of hope. While others would see me as a disgrace. Now to those nasty people, I must fight for my partner and say 'this is normal, this is love' ! And that's all there is to it, really."