25. A LITTLE TOO HIGH

NEW FLESH

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: A LITTLE TOO HIGH

THE two of them anxiously waited at the table with Margo's laptop placed in Mitch's lap while she had his perched in hers

THE two of them anxiously waited at the table with Margo's laptop placed in Mitch's lap while she had his perched in hers. "On three?"

Two weeks had passed, in the small- but long- duration of time, she had been able to convince Mitch to reapply to Syracuse University to pick back up on his major, "on three." he reassured her, as soon as Margo had gotten her email from the school she had seen the look of disappointment that clouded Mitch's face- despite it not being very obvious- so she'd promised that she would hold off on checking the email till he got his, and four days later, he had.

So there they sat, at the table glancing from each other to the laptop screens, "one." Margo met Mitch's gaze, "two." he spoke, "three."

Both of them quickly clicked on the emails reading through the message before looking up at each other, he looked up at her with a frown resting upon his lips, she looked up her face blank, "you got in." she lit up like a bolt of lightning her smile brighter than ever, she glanced down at Mitch's laptop screen her eyes running over the words in the email again, "so did you." she grinned.

For the first time ever, Margo saw a genuine smile flash across the man's lips, "shit- I didn't think I'd get in, again." he sighed bringing his hand up to run over his jaw, she rolled her eyes her smile still covering her lips, "you knew you'd get in." she teased gently pushing his shoulder, he set her laptop on the table reaching out to take his own computer from her.

"We should celebrate."

Mitch frowned, "what do you mean by celebrate?" she shrugged her shoulders, "I'm thinking drinks." she suggested climbing out of her seat to look around the kitchen, just below the cabinet beside the sink she discovered a bottle of wine along with a few other bottles of things they would later find far more enjoyable.

She pulled out the red labeled bottle of vodka showing it to Mitch, he shook his head leaning back to stare at the ceiling before letting his eyes rest on her again, "I'll get the glasses." she smiled at the statement rummaging through the cabinets to find the corkscrew, when she finally did find it, Mitch had two wine glasses set out on the table patiently waiting for her to come over and pour the alcohol.

She popped the cork from the glass bottle letting it fizz out for a second before she began pouring the liquid, once she was done she set the bottle on the tabletop each of them taking a glass in hand, "cheers" Mitch began, "to making it into University." the two bumped their glasses together with little to no care as to how casual the gesture seemed when performed by the two of them.

Two hours later they'd ditched the glasses and started drinking straight from the bottle instead, they both sat in the kitchen passing it back and forth sip after sip. Margo leaned forward on her arm her eyes squinted as she turned to look at her friend, "why are you so hard-headed?" his eyes flickered as he registered the question, "it's what I do best." he sighed taking a long swig of the alcohol. He handed it off to her watching as she scowled at him, "asshole." she mumbled bringing the bottle to her lips.