Chapter 8 - Arrogant Bastard!

Leiria's POV

I can't believe he just heard me sing. One thing you should know about me is that I am completely shy and stage fright. The only people that know that I sing and play the guitar is my family. No one else. Not even the gang know.

This time is different. This is the very first time anyone outside of the family has heard me perform.

I ran down the stairs to the living room feeling embarrassed. Should I be though? But he didn't say anything. Oh God, I was bad!

I slapped myself back to reality and realised I was over-reacting.

I took my phone out of my back pocket and called TJ. It rang twice before he answered.

"Lee! How'd you sleep?" TJ said sounding happy.

"Uh... I slept alright. Um... look, what are you doing today?" I asked.

"Uh, nothing as far as I know of. Why?"

"I was wondering if you would want to come out with me today?"

"Sure! When and where?"

"Come down to mine ASAP."

"I'll be there in 10."

"Okay, see you in a bit. Bye."

I hung up the phone and began waiting for two blokes.

Once again, they say WE take too long...

---------------------------

10 minutes later

I invited TJ to come for 3 reasons:

a) Joshua would have a guy to talk

b) I'll be with someone I know

c).........

Okay, maybe just two reasons.

I heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. I got up and saw Joshua wearing a black t-shirt, dark grey and black baseball jacket, loose jeans and white Jordans.

"Are you copying me?" I asked jokingly.

"Uh, no. You're the one who copied our look cause your style in London is nothing compared to ours in the US." He gloated.

Wow, how ignorant of him.

"Okay..." I brushed off his comment.

I heard my doorbell go. Thank god, saved by the bell, literally.

"Oh good!" I yelped and ran to my front door.

"Hey Lei!" TJ said excitedly like he hasn't seen me in months. He gave me a big, tight hug that caused me to lose my breath.

"TJ..." I gasped for breath "I can't...breathe....please let...me...go...!"

TJ finally let me go.

"Jesus, dude, you saw me yesterday and we spent a whole week together, you acted like I was in boarding school." I joked.

"Sorry, I just love seeing me best friend, that's all." TJ confessed.

"Aww, that's the sweetest lie I ever heard!" I joked again. TJ frowned but then smirk appeared in his face. He knows when I'm joking.

"Anyway, the reason why I invited you out today is because I found out that an American exchange student will be staying with my family for 6 months, and I thought you would be a great guy friend for him while he's here." I explain thoroughly

All I got was a jaw-dropping look from him.

"Let me get this straight," he finally spoke. "you have a foreign exchange student from the US of A staying in your home for 6 months?"

"Yes..." I said questionably "I just said that. You're just repeating everything I told you."

He looked at the floor with worry in his face.

"How do you feel about this whole situation, Lei?" TJ asked me.

"Well, it's done now, nothing I can do about it. Plus I don't think it'll be a bad thing." I replied.

"Are you sure?"

"100%"

"But remember what happened to the last boy you got involved with? You know -" My eyes opened wide with fright, knowing what he was going to say.

Before TJ could finish his question, which I didn't even want to hear, the sound of someone clearing their throat was made. Me and TJ turned to find the American devil himself leaning against the wall.

I turned to TJ and silently said "No".

Okay, the moment of truth.

"Um, Joshua, this is my good friend, TJ. TJ, this is our guest from New Jersey, Joshua." I introduced.

"Hey, what's up, man?" The both said in sync, shaking hands.

"Oh dude, you can call me Josh." Joshua said to TJ.

We were walking towards the front door, about to begin our day.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I swear, I have never seen anyone so excited to use the London Underground before, but it's understandable since it was Joshua's first time travelling underground.

We went from Camden Town (Northern Line) to Waterloo, and hearing these two boys talking about girls was kinda gross. But when they started talking about what type of porn is good to wank off to, that was when I wanted to jump off the tube. Unfortunately, there was no way out, other than waiting for the tube to stop at the next station. But luckily, I had my headphones, so I put them on and "Chandelier" by Sia was playing.

15 minutes later, we finally arrived at Waterloo and made our way to the exit. The first thing we say as we stepped out of the station was the London Eye, and I cannot express Joshua's face as he saw one of London's greatest attractions.