Chapter 6

"We hung out all day. It was awesome. Her birthday had come and gone. For the next 9 months, she would sneak out and meet me, I would go to the parties and do 'guard duty'. But one night, when her chauffeur came back to get them, she told me to come by her house later. I did. And um...well...we kinda..."

Mai's POV

I wake up and look over to my left. Laying there is Sting. Then I realize he's naked.
My eyes widen as the memories come flooding back in my mind. I can feel my face grow hot.
"Hey." I feel the bed shift and a pair of arms wrap themselves around my body. I'm pulled into his chest.
Then, I hear a knock on the door. I begin to panic as I quickly jump out of bed and throw on my robe.
"You have to get out of here!" I hiss. Sting gets up quickly and gets dressed. He walks over to the window and sitting there is a...cat?
"Hey Lector!" He says it so casually.
"Hey Sting!"
"It can talk?!" I ask shockingly.
"Yep. This is my exceed."
"Exceed?"
"Yes. He's a cat that can talk, obviously, and he can fly!" Again, he says it so casually. As if it's normal.
"Fly?!"
"Yeah, see?" The fur ball says. He stands up and pop! Out comes a pair of wings.
"What the hell?!" I take a step back. "What sorcery is this?!"
"Calm down Mai." Sting laughs. He walks over to me and kisses my cheek. "I'll see you soon." he says before he jumps off the balcony. He's caught by his cat and off they go.
"Mai? Are you alright dear?"
Oh crap! I totally forgot someone was out there!
"Um yes Mother! I'm fine!"
"Are you sure? I thought I heard voices." she opens the door and walks in. She starts looking around my room. In the closet, bathroom, under the bed.
"It was just me Mother."
"Oh, and what were you doing?"
"I was um...practicing!"
"Practicing what?"
"My...acting! Yep! I was practicing my acting! Heh heh..." She studies me for a moment.
"Okay. Well, hurry up and get ready. We're having brunch with Shinji and his family."
"Mom, why do I have to marry him? I don't even like him! He's weird and creeps me out."
"I'm sorry honey. It's because of business."
"Screw business!" I yell.
"I wish you didn't have to do this either honey. But get ready and come down."

***

I did as my mother said and got ready. I didn't want to be there. It was such a long brunch! I didn't think it would end!
Anyway, here I am. Sitting in my room.
"Ugh! They're so annoying!"
"Who's annoying?" I sit up and look at the balcony. Sting is leaning against the railing.
"Shinji! Like, oh my gawd!" He walks over to me and places his hands on my hips. I look up into his eyes. They hold so much care and love.
"Tell me more." we sit down on the bed.
"He's just so annoying. He's too touchy and clingy. And I had to act like I liked him. Like I love him. He's lucky I have such great acting skills." I cross my arms over my chest.
"He was touching you?"
"Yes! He kept placing his hand on my thigh, he kept holding my hand. I hated it."
"He was touching you?!" I can tell Sting is getting upset.
"Oh! And don't get me started on his parents. Don't get me wrong, they're nice people and all, it's just that they don't see what he's like."
"What's he like?"
"Possessive. I need to leave this place. I can't live here anymore!" My head falls into my hands.
"Why don't you come live with me?!" He says happily.
"Easier said than done."
"Well, I've got to go. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Okay."

***

I'm sitting in my room when Liv comes in.
"Hey."
"Hi."
"How was it last night?" She smirks.
"Liv!"
"What?" She laughs. "Alright, what's wrong?"
"I need to leave. I can't live here anymore. I feel like an animal; trapped in a cage."
"What are you going to do?"
"I don't know."
"Well, if you leave, I leave."
"Where are you going to go?"
"Rogue."
"Ah..."
"Well, let me know what you're going to do."
"Okay." And with that, she leaves.

***

It's now morning of the next day and today is the day I'm taking control of my life.
I get dressed in a sundress, pull my hair up in a high pony, and slip on some sandals.
I take a deep breath as I stand before the door, ready to break free. I twist the door handle and open the door.
Before I can take a step out, Liv jumps on me. She's in a white dress and her hair is pulled up as well. (Picture)
"Ah!" I fall back as Liv is clinging to me, laughing. "Is everything alright Liv?"
"It's fantastic!" She smiles.
"What to tell me about it?"
"I'm leaving with you! I talked to Rogue yesterday and told him how you were planning on leaving and how I was going with you, and he said I can live with him! He's so awesome!"
"Great! But I have to go. It's time I take the reins on my life and lead it down the path I choose." She steps back.
As I'm walking down the hall, I hear her yell "Yeah, you go girl!"
I laugh at her.
I walk into the living room where my parents are.
"Mother, Father. I have something to tell you guys."
"What is it Sweetie?" My mom asks.
I take a deep breath and close my eyes.
You've got this. You can do it.
"I'm pregnant."