MakiOi (AU, F)

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕡𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕖. 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕪 𝕞𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘! 𝕀 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕥. 𝔸𝕟𝕪𝕘𝕒𝕪𝕤, 𝕀 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝔸𝕌 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕋𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣. 𝔼𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪!

Black and white

Black and white. That's all anyone ever sees. That's all I've seen for forever. Until I met these two guys. I saw the whole world light up. I saw things I never saw before. I would never have known Hanamaki had pink hair or that Iwa~Chan's eyes were olive green.

I knew that colors existed. My mom never stopped talking about my "beautiful brown eyes that look so much like your dad's." I loved when she talked about dad.

When I was little, I would sit down with her and let her talk hours on end about the fighter pilot that saved her life and showed her what colors were. I wanted someone like that. Someone to show me the world like Dad showed Mom. A world full of color and fun. A world where a smile never left your face.

When I met Makki and Matsun, I hoped one of them would give me a life like Dad gave Mom. I just needed to find out which one would give it to me. Would it be the strawberry blonde outside hitter or the black haired middle blocker? I didn't know which one, but I sure as hell would find out, and soon.

The sky was grey. It started raining. The colors shown a little bit dimmer that day. It kinda hurt my feelings. The world started glowing as a hand touched my shoulder and an umbrella hung over my head. "You're gonna get sick like Matsun did if you stand in the rain without an umbrella. What the heck Oikawa? I thought you were smarter than that." I turned to see Hanamaki looking at me with his goofy grin that never failed to bring a smile to my face.

"I forgot mine today! I didn't think it was gonna rain!" He shook his head and laughed. "HEY DON'T LAUGH AT ME MAKKI!" I hit his shoulder and the world got a little brighter again. It kinda shocked me. "Did you see that?"

"See what?"

"The colors got brighter when I hit you." There was silence as we stared at each other for a little. I didn't know why it was so quiet. I didn't know why we didn't say anything. It sounded like the rain had stopped, though I saw it hadn't. The silence was broken after a few minutes by a simple question. It broke through it easily, just slicing through.

"You see colors too?" He looked into my eyes in shock. I looked back into his beautiful blue-ish grey eyes. I saw a twinkle in them.

"Yeah? I have since.... Well since I met you and Matsun."

"Matsun has seen them since he met Iwaizumi. He's not said anything, but still. It's weird that they aren't dating yet. Why are you crying? Are you okay?" Tears of joy rolled down my face as I realized that he was the one that was going to give me my happy ending. I hugged him tightly, accidently causing him to drop the umbrella.

"H-Hey! Oikawa we're getting all wet!" I just hugged him in the rain. I didn't want to do anything else. Just stand there and hug him. So that's what I did.

🌧️ 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕊𝕜𝕚𝕡 𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕪 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟 🌧️

I stood out in the rain again. It had been six years since Makki and I found out we were soulmates. Every year, on our anniversary, we would go out and dance in the rain together. If it wasn't raining, we would turn the sprinklers on. It was our little thing. That day, I had been waiting a lot longer than I normally would. He pulled up into our driveway, coming home from a job interview he most likely wouldn't get the job for.

I pulled him out of the car. He laughed and pulled me close, the rain wetting his hair immediately. I was soaked to the bone, but I didn't care. I just wanted to dance with him. We started to sway together in the rain. "Hey baby. Did you miss me?"

"Did you get the job?" I whispered in his ear. He didn't freeze up this time, so that was a good sign. He just started kissing my shoulder.

"Maybe." I laughed as he twirled me around and said this. He still hadn't told me what the job was. He said it was a surprise, but I was dying to know. "You wanna know what it is baby?"

"You read my mind." He laughed and twirled me around again. This time I turned around to see him in an Aoba Johsai coach's jacket. "Is that..? You're gonna be the coach?"

"Hanamaki Takahiro, Assistant Coach of the Aoba Johsai Boys Volleyball Team." I covered my mouth and started crying. This was probably the best job he had ever gotten by far.

"No way... You're serious?"

"Yes baby. Isn't it great?"

"YES!"

"I do have one more twirl for you baby."

"My gosh..." He twirled me around one more time. He was on one knee. There was a ring in his hand. I knew what he was going to as before he even said it. "YES! YES! YES!" He laughed at my enthusiasm and slid the ring on. "I love you so much Takahiro!"

"I love you too Tooru."

𝟡𝟛𝟙 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤