The Dragons

I awake to the feeling of wind through my long brown hair. I try to sit up, but several things stop me: I have ropes tying me to a big brown saddle, I realize that I am with my son and the avatar so I freeze, and as soon as I move, I feel an intense pain in my temple.
'Gosh, what happened?!'
Then I remember. My escape is ruined. I am captured. I see Zuko glance my way, then turn away. No one seems to care that I am awake, so I inspect my captors. I remember them from the raid, but I never really paid attention to them.
I remember the avatar. I could never forget him, with his bald head, tattoos, and orange air nomad clothing.
One girl with short black hair leans over with her face over the saddle of the giant bison we are riding.
Suddenly she turns toward me quickly.
' Her eyes.. she's blind' I realize.
" What are you looking at?! Just because I can't see anything in the air doesn't mean I can't feel you watching me! Ugh, Twinkle-Toes, why didn't you just take him out?"
"Toph," the avatar says as he gives her a look that says 'don't even go there' and she sighs, annoyed, and turns her face back to the wind.
Her question did make me wonder, though. Why did the avatar spare me? My pride is wounded when I think of him sparing me, so I continue with my observations.
The next people I notice are a boy and a girl. They are both tan with blue clothing and they resemble each other.
They must be Sokka and Katara, the brother and sister from the Southern Water Tribe.
Sokka scoots over to a beautiful girl with auburn hair. She's holding a fan and gazing lovingly at its golden glow.
Suki, the Kiyoshi warrior. I've heard so much about her. She's amazing.
Before I can react, Zuko is in front of me. He looks almost...excited! Why?
"We're going to see the dragons. You are going to learn what fire bending is really about, okay?" He is suddenly angry. I look up at him, looking more confident than I feel.
Dragons?! That's impossible.. they're all dead! And what did he mean 'what fire bending is all about'?!
Instead I say, " I can't know, Zuko. Your friend here took my power away." I laugh insanely. I'm not sure, but I swear I see the bald kid tense up.
" You don't need to have bending to understand it's true meaning. You are going through with this whether you like it or not! You really don't have a choice... I still have hope for you," he adds, almost to himself. I think I hear his voice break.
Does he.....love me still?
I hear Aang, the avatar, tell the bison to land, and I feel us drop.
Once they untie me, they bind my hands and attach me to a type of leash. Is this really necessary?
I don't talk as we walk to wherever they're taking me. I notice that we are surrounded by old ruins.
Where are we? Where are they taking me? And who are the dragons?
We suddenly break through the ruins into an opening. In it, there are about a hundred people dressed in oranges, reds, and yellows. They are covered in paint, animal skins, and feathers, and they look quite menacing.
My mouth drops open and my eyebrows furrow as I take in the scene. Zuko walks forward and talks quickly to a tall man who is dressed even more extravagant than the others. He must be the chief. Zuko then returns and takes me by my "leash". He leads me up a huge staircase. At the top is a great platform and the sun seems to be sitting on top of it. On either side of it, there a two large caves. Zuko sets me in the very center of the platform and quickly heads back down the staircase.
What am I doing here?
Then, the one I believed to be chief blew on a huge horn, creating an extremely loud blast. I feel a slight trembling, and it grows until it is a rumbling that almost causes me to fall. I don't know what's going on! Finally, the rumbling stops. But only for a second. I see motion on either side of me, and blurs of blue and red.
Wha-! They are..... they're DRAGONS! It can't be, they were executed long before! By brother, Iro, killed the last one! How is this!?
The dragons circle around me, seeming to dance. They are the most beautiful, graceful, and majestic being I've ever seen. For the first time in my life, I believe I am truly humbled. I now down, and after a few more moments of their dancing, they land on either side of the platform, facing me. I dare not look up, but I can't help it when I hear a deep, throaty growl. I see fire!
They are going to kill me! No! I a-
My thoughts are interrupted when the fire doesn't touch me. Instead, it surrounds me, forming a tornado around me. And I don't see the oranges and reds as I expect to see. I see color, beautiful and amazing colors!
This is the true meaning of firebending! It is not death and destruction. It's life, and beauty, and energy! I never knew...
All this time, I never knew the true meaning behind the power I was given. I haven't cried since...since I don't even remember, but a tear slipped down my face. I was grateful that they kept the fire around me until I regained my composure.