PREFACE

Sunanda Corporation Ltd, Mumbai. "Look Miss...." Said a man, but stopped for in need of words as he expectantly looked at the lady stood in front of him. 

"S.K.," said the lady... "My name is S.K." she said again giving him the queue to continue.... Man nodded in haste and in little awe only hearing the initials of a girl's name.... 

"Yes Miss S.K, I am sitting in this conference room for half an hour waiting for Mr. Mehta... I think I am feeling little disrespected, and little disappointed that for a man like Mr. Mehta, discipline means nothing...." He said and puffed his chest a little feeling little proud that he was able to point that out about one of the most successful people of the city... and if it wasn't for any press member, S.K would be more than happy to answer him in his own language... 

"I am extremely sorry Mr. Shah that you feel that way... but if you would've just informed us about your visit, he would be informed... it's not very often that we have the pleasure of press member visiting us, and that too uninformed... you see Mr. Mehta is punctual but only for those people who are on his list of meeting... and very unfortunately you aren't one of them today..." S.K said with very warm smile... any fool would've gotten that sarcastic tone in her voice... because she had one thing clear in her mind nobody messes with my boss.... And so did the Mr. Shah, a very known press reporter, here for an interview... he sure didn't look one... by the looks he looked like an athlete, with lean figure, and tight jaw... wore simple blue shirt and black jeans with matching black canvas sneakers.... His hairs were unruly and loose... after hearing S.K's answer he smiled at her polite sarcasm... She sure knows her way around the words.... 

"My apologies, Miss S.K.... I didn't know the drill... but can you fix me somewhere in that list for today..." he said with his eyes softening at her and his body language completely changed as he tried to woo her.... his voice deepened and got soft.... "You see S.K, I can call you S.K right?" he expectantly looked at her, and continued after she nodded... "I have to take his interview, it could be really big break for me..." he tried to sound eager and needy.... S.K softened her shoulders....

 "Let me check..." She checked her IPad and scrolled down her boss's routine, but instead looking at screen she checked his body language and she realized his bluff, she softened her shoulders even more... "I am so sorry Mr. Shah... but he's packed today... I can get you the next available slot... you know the sooner one..." S.K said with most warm and sincere smile.... 

"Aren't you the nicest?..." he said smiling ear to ear and S.K smiled too... both of them knew that each were faking it... but they continued the show... "So when is it?" he asked nicely "Thursday..." S.K said... 

"Oh... Tomorrow... thank you so much..." he said feeling excited.... 

"Oh I'm sorry, not tomorrow... next week, Thursday...." Said S.K and before he could pass any smart comment she already gave him the way to go and said, "Mr. Mehta will be very pleased to meet you on next Thursday, Mr. Shah... Have a nice Week..." the guy was blown away... when she didn't see him moving, she insisted, "After you...." She said pointing and asking him to leave.... Shah stood up smirking at a girl who just turned his bluff on him and got him to leave without throwing him out... on his way out he looked at the whole office and noticed everything he could... he looked at the conference room with the walls of glass framed in wooden corners... around six rows of cubicles and each cubicle was occupied by a employee... every one of them having strict formal dress code and each one of them occupied in their own work... he looked around the ceiling, he saw the fire alarms but couldn't find the CCTV cameras.... He was little shocked about that... he made his way out of this building having only one thought in his mind something's odd about this place... something uneasy... 

S.K saw him entering in the elevator and returned to her desk... I hate these media guys... especially this one... something's wrong with him... a thought in her mind just popped and a voice from her intercom echoed, "S.K... is he gone?" she heard the voice... 

"Yes boss... anything else?" S.K asked... 

"Come on in..." He said and cut the line... S.K just looked at the intercom and rolled her eyes at it... she remembered the day her boss, The Karan Mehta gave her this Job and with this memory she went in with her IPad smiling to herself...