Chapter 4 : With You , I Have Lived and Died

19h48

I pull into Grandma's driveway, frantic and in distress. My makeup is smeared on my face, my white dress a silhouette of mere ruins, and I just feel like God is punishing me for belittling the only person who truly loves me .

Grandma Herloise worked for Intelligence Services back in her day, and I know that if there's one person who will find him, It has to be her.

Grandma: Oh my baby, come here. Tell me , what's the issue ?

"Grandma, Oliver just got in a..a...a...a..a" (as my lips deny my right to reveal his possible demise),
"He may die. I just need you to please pin his location for me, I need to find him ! I need to , it's a right I defend."

Grandma : Okay ,you just stay right here baby. It may take an hour to pin his location , but just hand me your phone so I can begin. I'll try my best to race against time.

Reality kicks in, and I finally see that I might lose him. I might lose Oliver ! All the special times, the highs and the lows, the date nights that I longed for... they could all just disappear with his soul.

I'm still a mess, drenched in my sea of tears. Grandma is still trying to find him

20h19

I'm just afraid that I caused him to have that accident. I took his attention off the road, I furthermore accused him of cheating, how the hell am I supposed to live again ? Maybe Oliver was right when he said that I always push away the ones who love me most. Yes, Maybe I am unlovable.

20h27

I curl in a ball ,seated on the couch. My sanity is kept at bay by this television. I try and try to get bad thoughts out , but they are just too strong. Do I have to get water from the moon until this passes by ? Do I have to turn water to wine?
What do I have to do ?

As neverending thoughts vigorously contain my mind, I hear the news reporter saying a big accident has occurred on the outskirts of Cape Town. A car drove under a lorry.
I can sense my heart breaking out of my chest, my hands shaking for hope, and my teeth grinding for survival. Could this be Oliver ? He has a white Audi coupe, and I am just waiting for the news reporter to shed light in the car .

20h39
Grandma Herloise comes rushing through the door, telling me that he was located in the Western Cape around the time of the accident. His location pins toward Cape Town to be specific.
And as I'm about to tell her about what I just saw on the news, the words that shattered my existence just blurted out,
"The driver of the car was a white man who was found in a white Audi coupe. His identity is unknown as of now ,but Police are searching the car for any possible clues."
I look at Grandma, and the rest blurs out.

21h25

I awake to Michaela beside me, rubbing my hand. I turn to my right, and Grandma Herloise is crying bullets. I try to get up and comfort her, but she hastily tells me to lie down. She explains to me that I had a panic attack ,and I collapsed after the panic attack. So since Michaela has medical experience, she lived close by, so she called her over to look over me.

Now I have to make a decision. Do I call his parents, my parents, or do I drive to Cape Town ? What do I do ?

Thank you for reading thus far. It's been a while since I published a chapter,and I hope you enjoy this one.
The next will be published within a week, and we get to meet Oliver's parents. Will his mother be accepting of the fact that Lauryn caused the car accident?

Come find out!
Remember to vote (☆)!!!
It would mean a great deal to me.