Chapter 2

It was silent in the forest as the sisters stared at each other. Kanae noticed that her sister hadn't changed a bit, the only difference was the way she dressed. She wore a harori that reached her legs with butterflies rising to the top [like minato cloak] and a sword attached to her hips. Her pale white eyes stared at Kanae with what seemed like pain and hurt, but she just smiled softly and said, "Its been a while hasn't it little one?. I heard you're a pillar now! I'm so proud of you!"

"Nee chan...."she murmured transfixed on her sisters face. "How? W-wha?"

"Isn't the moon lovely tonight?" her sister continued clapping her hands together while giving her an eye smile. "It is isn't it. Now Tanjiro." turning the frozen boy who was crouched over his fallen sister form. "Why don't you go on ahead. I know my sister and she wont hesitate to kill your sister!" then she paused. "Wait no, that's what Shinobu would do, oh well" then started laughing happily while clapping her hands.

A sword appeared on her neck making her freeze in shock and look to see Tomika-san's blue eyed gaze on her. "Ara?" she murmured questionly, then shrunk to the size of a child and ran off, giggling all the way. Kanae shot a look at Giyuu and said while following her, "Take care of the boy and his sister, nee-chan is mine", making Giyuu stare at the back of her form and sigh while thinking 'Oh great, now there's another butterfly sister. I just know she will be as annoying as the others' 

Kaede giggled as she heard her cute little sister catch up to her, so she ran faster through the tree tops and though out loud, "Maybe I shouldn't have taught them how to climb trees?" then let out a soft oof as she tripped on a branch she didn't notice and roll over to the ground, her sister above her. She widened her eyes and rolled over avoiding the sword coming to her. "My my Kanae-chan! My sweet little sister is all grown up! She's so adorable!!" standing up and smiling at her.

Kanae took a deep breath and muttered lowly "I'm sorry nee-chan" making Kaede tilt her head in confusion. "Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo"  rushing towards her making Kaede eyes widen in shock and narrowly duck out of  the way. "I'm so proud of you!" she squealed leaping in the air an spreading her purple lilac wings making it somewhat shine in from the moonlight. "You mastered flower breathing! My cute little sisters are so awesome!" 

'She hasn't changed at all'  she thought to herself, sweat drooping at her elder sister antics. She huffed slightly and blinked, blinking again to see the clearing they where in had disappeared and had instead changed to show a huge sunflower field with the sun shining down on her. She placed her hand on top of her eyes so that she could see clearly and looked around in confusion. 'Huh?' she thought silently to herself, noticing butterflies flying around her. "Aren't they beautiful?' her sister voice said from behind her making her gasp in shock and turn around. She gave her a smile and said "Each of these butterflies around us always reminded me of you, Shin-chan, and I. Remember? Us three always played in mother's garden, chasing the butterflies." Kaede sat down on the lush green grass, her wings falling behind her in a cape like fashion, and she gestured for Kanae to do the same. 

Kanae sat down next to her and for a while they both sat in silence until she asked, 'Why?'

Kaede turned her head to silently stare at her, her white eyes drinking in the sight of her, breathing, not dead, not on Douma's hand, alive, and responded with "To make sure you lived little caterpillar" making Kanae eyes widen. "I haven't heard that nickname in a while: she murmured making Kaede smirk at her.  She then placed her hands together and the view around them vanished making Kanae eyes widen in surprise. 'An illusion?' makin Kaede smile and giggle.

"Caw Caw! Message from headquarters!" a crow called out making the two women look up "Message from headquarters. Bring the boy in a checkered green haori, the demon girl with a bamboo mussle, and finally the butterfly demon! Caw Caw!" 

"Ara Ara!" Kaede exclaimed titling her head "Kumi-chan isn't going to be happy about this! Yare yare......"