Prologue

Age 3 

"Come over here Kaede" her tired mother called out to her making the now named Kaede curiously enter the room and peek at her mother and father, her mother having a bundle in her arms. Her mother, Kocho Akari, smiled at her and said "Come on. Your new sister is waiting"

Kaede giggled and leapt up into the bed and stared at  her new baby sister, Kanae, with happiness. "Wow!' her squeaky voice said, "She's so tiny!" then smiling at her parents she said in a happy voice, "I love her already!" making her father, Kocho Tamaki, smile and chuckle at her. "I think she likes you too Kaede-chan" smiling at the now three precious women in his life.

Kaede smiled at her sister and whispered "Hello! I'm your new big sister, Kanae! I promise to protect you forever!"

Age 9

"Come on Shin chan!" Kaede called out to her little sister with Kanae cheering on from beside her. They where both trying to make Shinobu walk towards them, since she was already at that age. Shinobu giggled and stood up, taking small steps towards them as her sister encouraged her with their parents smiling at the wonderful scene. Finally, Shinobu reached Kaede outstretched arms making her and Kanae shriek in happiness and  for Kaede to lift up the 2 year old Shinobu and giggled. "Nee chan is so proud of you Shin chan!" Kaede exclaimed smiling widely at her.  Making Shinobu giggle and exclaim loudly

"Kaede nee!"

It was still and quiet for a few seconds until Kaede squealed and spun Shinobu around and for Kanae to laugh and say "Kaa chan! Tou san! Shinobu did it! She really did it!" then joined Kaede in praising Shinobu. 

Akari smirked over at her husband defeated face and said "Told you! Now pay up!" with her hands outstretched. 

Tamaki sighed and gave her the pocky box {if pocky didn't exist there, pretend it does} that he had in his pocket and said "Fine" smiling at her. 

Age 21   {because author chan is lazy as heck}

"Nee chan wake up!" a sobbing Kanae shouted as she held Shinobu hands, carrying Kaede on her back. A few minutes ago, their family had just been attacked by demons, her parents being eaten first with Kaede pushing them behind her and telling them to run, but the demon had caught Kaede leg making the girls scream in terror. But Kaede had done something they hadn't thought she was capable of. She had kicked the demon head with her free leg and as it flew off the body, stomped on it. she then grasped their arms and they all ran out of the house with the demon hot on their tales.

But Kaede had suddenly fainted, which resulted to where they are now, Shinobu holding on tightly on her sister hand  was Kanae carried their elder sister in her back. Kanae huffed and puffed trying to carry her without falling. She had no idea where the demon was, and she didn't care. All she wanted was her family to be safe.

She then heard growling from behind her and she gasped and froze, praying that the demon hadn't found them yet, but her eyes widen in terror when she saw Kaede try to bite her in  hunger. She shrieked making Kaede fall of onto the grassy floor. Shinobu trembled at the sight of their big sister with fangs on her face and claws. Kaede snarled and launched at them, but Kanae quickly took a stick and held in in front of her sister mouth. "Nee chan please! Stop! Its me Kanae! And Shinobu! Please I know your still in there. Dont hurt us please!" She then kicked her away and held Shinobu trembling from, shielding her away. 

That when they both heard it

A whimper

Then tears hitting the ground.