7) House of Mendes!!

Shawn opened the door. "Your late!!" He scolded as I came in. "Do you know how important this is for me. We had a day to complete this music project and your already 3hrs late. Atleast you should have texted me.. but would you.. you left your phone here.." he said handing me my phone. He was still angry at me and was scolding me, when mrs mendes walks in, "Shawn why are you yelling and that too at a small girl.. look at her face she is about to cry.." Shawn looks and me and then walks away.. Mrs Mendes came over to me, took me towards the sofa and told me to have a sit. She gave me a glass of water and explained about what happened yesterday... about Gwenny on call.

That bitch- me in my head.

"He is upset about cami. She really means a lot to her. You should go now and help him with the music. I'll bring you both snacks." Mrs Mendes said and I nodded. "Ohh! Did i mentioned, you are sweet & a beautiful girl."she said before entering kitchen. I smiled.

I am about to enter the music room. I can see Shawn working on lyrics. I'm nervous. Idk how would he react, when he will know that I can't perform with him. I decided not to tell him before we complete song. Shawn is amazing and doesn't need me.. he can rock the stage, even without me. Ofc!

"Hello" I said. "This are the lyrics, what do you think?" He said handing me lyrics sheet. I took a seat on stool and started reading the lyrics. Honestly the first two verse are killer, but from the third one.. the lyrics are not on track. He can guess that from my face. "Ik.. it's bad.. but it's really hard to concentrate." He said. "But the starting and main part is very nice.. we need to work only on ending and edges.."I replied. He nodded.

He told me to get comfortable. We started working on the song. We are not yet finished with lyrics.
S: "No!! Try A minor.. no.. you know what take 5"

When Shawn is in good mood he is the nicest person in the world, but when sad/mad he's soo moody and little bit rude, maybe.

I nodded and went to kitchen to get water. As I entered the kitchen, something splashed on me, it was all over me. I cleaned my eyes and tasted the stuff... it's heavy cream and some coffee type flavour. Someone came near me.. I can hear the person saying sorry. I rise my head to see whose the person, it was Mr. Mendes. "I'm really sorry kiddo.. let me help you."
Me: "No it's ok. I just need to clean this up." I wasn't angry because when I was new at the cafe, it always used to happen with me. And yes that feeling is awful.
Mr.m: "I'll show the bathroom."
He took me to the bathroom. It seemed someone's room. Walls were pink, room was filled with so many pictures of a girl, decorated.

Me: "This room is so pretty."
Mr.M: "yeah it's my daughter's."
Me: "but isn't she.." I stopped before I say something wrong and sad full.
Mr.m: dead? Yeah.
Me: I'm sorry!!
Mr.m: it's ok. She will always live in our hearts.

Shawn sister died before he was famous. He had younger sister, somewhere around my age. She died because of cancer. He must be missing her all the time. His dad told me.. this was her room

I changed and went back to kitchen. I pour myself a glass of water, I saw latte ingredients beside the latte machine. And the mess was already cleaned up.. I remember Shawn saying that he liked my latte, so I thought to make him one.. I hope it makes his mood any better. I made 3latte. I first gave one to mr. Mendes, then I went back to music room. Shawn wasn't in the music room. I went searching for him everywhere. I entered some room. It was all blackout and dusty. I switched on the light. I apologise for the curious animal inside me, then I went inside watching all the stuff kept their. It was a storage room but more like of antique pieces. Their I found a DJ plate. It was covered with dust. I looked for a piece of cloth near by. I found one and started cleaning the plate. It was three times huge than my one. I wanted to play it so bad. So I tuned it first, and then in the flow.. I started playing some beats..

Shawn POV:-
I was in balcony taking some fresh air. I have texted Cami more than hundred's of time now, but she hasn't responded yet. I'm not sure I would able to complete this song with this bad mood. Maybe I should go to music room and tell the girl to come sometimes later because I know it's unfair to her to suffer me in my bad mood. I have already scholded her more than 3times today and she has been clam as ever. I was walking towards the music room..

Ringg ringg
Cami calling..
I immediately picked the call.
S: hello, cami!! Where have you been. I'm trying to contact you since yesterday night. Are you ok? You have not even answered my text.
C: yeah I just saw them. I left my phone at my aunts place.
S: I was worried.
C: I'm fine. And I'm sorry too. Maybe I overreacted. Ik it's your life and you can date whoever you want.. it's not like we were thing.
S: hey.. don't say that.. you got something wrong.
C: no Shawn. I completely understand.. and it's cool-
S: Do me a favour, come to Harvard high school auditorium tomorrow. I'm performing their. I hope I can clear your misunderstandings or whatever your mind is overthinking about.

And I cancelled the call, even before she answers me.. me and cami are quite old friends. And I have liked her ever since we met. The song 'treat you better' was for her. Because of her ex it's hard for cami to trust someone. But whatever shit she was saying on the phone. It's all false. And a huge huge miss understanding which she is carrying.

Now that I have asked her to come tomorrow see my performance.. I have to work on the song, I wrote for her.. I started walking towards the music room..

I stopped when I listened some music. I rushed to music room to know who's playing on DJ plate. Music room was empty. When I heard myself saying DJ PLATE, it reminded me that I kept it in my store room. I rushed to the store room. The room was black out. Their was a flash light, barely showing the girl who was playing. No girl ik plays dj. I went inside the room and switched on the light. "Lila" i said as soon as I saw the girl. She was dressed like Lila. But how's that even possible. Am I dreaming?? If it's a dream then I don't want it to end. The beats reaching my ears were melodies as ever. Usually the dj sounds loud, but all I can remember is memories me and my sister had.

"I'm sorry sir" I was snapped out was my dream. I saw Alexa standing in front of me. She looked just like my sister. Warm tears fell from corner of my eye. I instantly wipe them off. I was just staring at Alexa, while she was looking down.

I don't know how to react. I don't know whether I should be angry at her for playing like my sister, but honestly that doesn't make any sense.

"I made a latte for you" she said.
"Shawn??" She said.

I was froze. Someone patted me from behind. I turned to see who it was.. it was my mom.. next thing I knew is I hugged her for long.

Alexa was left confused by everything. We all had a seat in living room.