chapter 35

I woke up to the sound of a high pitched scream and a tray clanging on the floor. I quickly sat up on my couch and noticed Adam in front of me and he was standing there with a tray on the floor. He quickly grabbed the tray and did a small bow.

"I'm sorry mistress for waking you," he said and at that moment kreature came in and brought a tray of food for me. He set it on the table and with his angry-looking face he left.

"I'm sorry for not telling you I was coming home. I'm sorry for startling you ''I said and I patted the spot beside me for Adam to come and sit. He did sit down and I smiled at him.

"No need to be sorry mistress. It's quite alright. What brings you home so early in the year?" he asked me with a curious look.

"A lot is going down at Hogwarts this year and I'm afraid my mental health has forced me to take a leave of absence from the school. I will be back at the start of next year. But as if right now I'm gonna do some travelling and just breathe for a bit" I said picking up a piece of toast from the tray kreature left me. I handed Adam a grape from the tray and kreature came back with a cup of coffee and I sent him on his way with a few grapes and a strawberry. Kreature didn't like me very much but I'm still always nice to him. Kreature came back once more and handed me the daily prophet and I just sat there and began to read it. I kept the articles they had about James and Lily's death and the return and death of Voldemort. I kept it because of the memorial picture they used of lily and James. It was one of them dancing, I have the same picture framed in my room next to the one of Sirius and me at our wedding dancing.

I stood up leaving the daily profit on the couch and I began to go up the stairs up to Sirius' office. When I walked in I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. I shook it off and began to walk to the back of the room where I kept all my photo albums. All of my journals and some of Sirius and I's stuff in general. I grabbed a box labelled year seven photo albums and I opened it. I grabbed the first one on top and when I opened it I was faced with a picture of a girl with h/c and a redhead with the brightest of smiles. I covered my mouth trying not to gasp. I flipped the page and I saw a picture of Frank and Alice there looking adorable with each other and I smiled. I flipped a few pages smiling and crying at all of the pictures. I flipped to the last page and it was a picture of Remus sitting on the couch reading and in big letters, Sirius wrote ALWAYS HAS YOUR HEAD IN A BOOK! I laughed a little and I remember taking that picture.

Remus and I were the closest of friends and we would always spend time together in the library. Remus always wondered why I wasn't afraid of him and why I was willing to become a marauder and an animagus just for him. I did it because I care and I'm not afraid of him, I will never be afraid of him. He was always so sweet to me and always made me happy, especially when I disappeared for so long. When I came back he was there to cheer me up. He was my best friend. I wonder where he is now. I haven't heard from him in years. I began to put everything away and when I put the box away I knocked over a small box and out came a journal. I picked up the journal and the first page said it belonged to Sirius black. The date on the second page means he wrote in this all of the fifth year.

I began to read the first page and it said.

There she walked, her h/c h/l hair flowing behind her. Her uniform is always tidy and neat. She has beautiful e/c eyes and her beautiful s/c. She's perfect. I don't even want any other girl. She's the only one that will make me happy.

I finished reading that and I smiled as he wrote about me. It made my heart soar. It hasn't done that in a long time and all I did was smile. I set the box back upright and then I set his journal on the desk. I cleaned everything back up and put the room back to the way it was dust and all. Just with the journal on his desk. I walked out and closed the door. I let out a sigh and went upstairs to get a different change of clothes. I was planning on going to see my father and pick up a few of my mother's things. That's if he kept them, which I doubt he did. I need to face this problem head-on with my father. I put on a black tank top with some white dress pants. I put on some black short boots. I grabbed my coat and I apparated to my family home.