chapter 41

I was sitting in Hagrid's hut sipping my tea while Hagrid ate one of the massive cookies he made. Hagrid let out a sigh and I looked up at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked and Hagrid looked at me.

"Buckbeak, I'm gonna go on trial," he said and my eyes widened.

"Because of Draco's father?" I asked softly as I sipped my tea and Hagrid sadly nodded. I let out a huff.

"Buckbeak only scratched Draco and he's fine. But of course the boy bloody blew it out of proportion. Now poor buckbeak's fate is to be decided." I said and took a bite out of the quarter of the cookie I was given from hagrid. He always made cookies about the size of my face because the small cookies were like gummies to him he could eat so many and never feel full.

I stood up and set my empty cup of tea by the sink. I walked over to Hagrid and patted his shoulder. To comfort him about Buckbeak's trial. (he was sitting in his chair so I had to stand on my tippy toes to pat his shoulder) I walked out of hagrid's hut and held my coat close to me so I would be warm. I went inside the school and began to walk to my quarters. Once I entered , I saw Fred and George hiding by the pillar watching a boy tip over something and get covered in feathers that clung to the boy. I snuck up behind them and peeked in between them.

"What are we up to boys?" I asked with a smirk and they both jumped backwards with scared looks on their faces.

"N-nothing professor" Fred stuttered out and I laughed.

"I thought we were supposed to plan pranks together?" I asked giving them a sad look and they both let out a sigh of relief

"Well professor." Fred said

"We are supposed to but," George said

"We couldn't find you anywhere '' Fred said and George nodded. I liked how they finished each other's sentences. It was quite cool but creepy.

"Well, next prank you must find me. So we can do it together ''I said and they both nodded. I walked away and helped the young boy on the floor to the hospital wing so he could get cleaned up. Once I got him there safely I began to wander around the castle not really doing much but just walking. I've been letting Remus teach most of my classes now because he offers too and I need a break sometimes. I walked into my classroom as Remus was teaching. I sat down on my desk listening to him teach the lesson. He did a good job demonstrating his lesson and used lots of visuals on the projector. He was a good teacher no doubt. I don't know what made him want to be a teacher. I guess that will be something I'll have to ask him.

Time skip

I was walking over to Hagrid's hut with Dumbledore and Fudge to witness the execution, it pained me to see Hagrid sad so to help him I held his hand. Well, he took my hand in his big one and he promised not to squeeze because he could break my entire hand completely. Fudge came back in and said the bird was gone. I looked at Hagrid and he had a surprised expression like he had no idea what was going on. I got up and wished Hagrid a good day. I began to walk back to the castle confused when I saw severe storms storming out of the castle and down the path towards the Whomping Willow. I ran up to him.

"Severus where are you going in such an angry manner? '' I said and let out a small laugh. I didn't get serious until he grabbed my wrist and dragged me under the whomping willow and through the passageway into the shrieking shack. I could hear yells and loud talking. I heard Harry's voice and I got out of severe grasp and I booked it up the stairs. Severus had his wand ready and I burst through the door.

That's when I met him face to face. His frail figure, his messy long hair. His ripped clothes. His eyes widened at the sight of me. Before I could say anything he booked it towards him and he engulfed me in a hug. He lifted me up as he hugged me.