EPISODE ONE

Author's Note: I'm not sure if this is how WWE works but I know some has to train at the Performance Center before they debut at NXT. Nevertheless, please know this is all based on my own imagination.

Performance Center, Orlando Florida.

Colby wants to be part of them all.

From NXT to RAW or SmackDown, to even the house shows, to main event Wrestlemania or just have a five minutes match on the kickoff show. Nothing excites him as much as the live audience in the arenas and at the house shows he had visited a handful of times, clamoring and cheering for their favorite wrestlers.

Even the boos and signs of rejection adds its own appeal. For in his mind, that is what makes wrestling wrestling. Not the flashy moves or the championships, but the reaction of the fans. They're the ones that makes the difference in everything. Without them, wrestling will be nothing.

When he stops before the door which will eventually decide his fate in a few minutes, he rubs his sweaty palms on his jeans and takes a deep breath in before knocking on the lacquered door once. A response comes seconds later followed by the sound of papers ruffling.

He turns the doorknob and pushes the door back gently, moving so slow into the office it feels like his entire body is being controlled by someone else. He has waited for this moment for months and now that everything he has worked so hard for is practically at the tip of his fingers, he's both nervous and exhilarated.

"One of the trainers say you want to see me?" He's a bit surprised Stephanie isn't there in the spacious office but then again he reason this will be a quick procedure and Hunter will hand the paperwork to the lawyers afterwards.

Hunter doesn't look up at him from the stack of papers on the desk, just motions for him to have a seat in the armchair. Colby sits down opposite Hunter, his eyes glancing around the office. He has been here at least twice or thrice over the course of months as he train at the Performance Center but even then he can't help but compliment inwardly how imposing and authoritative Hunter makes every place he is seem, despite his generosity and kindness.

"Has anyone," Hunter begins abruptly, making a vague motion with his hand, "told you anything?"

"No," Colby replies, shifting a little in his seat. Hunter's face is unreadable as always but he has come to know the veteran a bit more over the past couple of months to know something is amiss. "Why do you ask? Have I done something wrong?"

"You have done nothing wrong Colby," he grabs a couple of papers from his desk and shuffles them into a drawer before looking up at him, elbows resting on the desk, fingers threaded together. "Vince disagrees when I tell him it'll be our loss, not yours. I wanted to be the one to tell you and not some random person around here. Especially not Vince."

"I'm confused. I don't get what you are saying, Hunter. I thought you called me here to sign a contract. Concerning my debut at NXT?" He inquires, glancing around again. The unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach is becoming unbearable with the regrettable look on Hunter's face.

"You're a gifted wrestler Colby, full of potential and talent. But Vince and I sees things quite differently. We don't agree on most cases when it comes to the company and signing new stars. I'm afraid your case is one we don't agree upon." His face turns somber, matching his voice as he continues. "Vince doesn't think you should be moved up to NXT or even have you still train at the Performance Center."

His heart drops. "But I thought you ran things at NXT," he counters desperately. "Hunter, I assumed you're in charge there, you and Stephanie. A week ago, you were saying something about moving some of the wrestlers at the Performance Center up to NXT and boosting the women's division. I thought both of you had power in these two sectors at least."