EPISODE TWO

Pamela's House, Los Angeles, California.

"Don't you think you overreacted a bit earlier with Colby," Pamela asks, brewing a pot of coffee at the kitchen. She pokes her head out to glance at Mercedes who is sitting at the balcony. "Are you even listening to me?"

Mercedes hums and blows air on her fresh polished nails, "You were saying something Pam?"

Pamela returns to the pot of coffee, taking it off the stove with a napkin. "I can't believe you're busy polishing your nails when you've just broken up with Colby. You aren't being fair to him. He is trying. The least you can do is appreciate his efforts."

"Efforts, mean nothing if they don't yield into anything fruitful. How long do I have to sit around here, hoping Colby can get his ass back together and achieve a little bit of success in his life?"

"He was at Ring of Honor," Pamela reminds her, pouring coffee into two cups. She adds a bit of sugar and milk to hers and place the other cup of coffee without any on the table before Mercedes.

"That led us to WWE's Performance Center which didn't amount to anything in the end," she gingerly takes a sip, cautious not to scrap her polished nails on the cup. "He would've gotten the contract if he hadn't been careless enough to injure John Cena. If I were Vince, I would've fired him too."

"Aren't you even the tiniest bit hurt and regretful of your decision? You can't keep breaking up with Colby over silly matters and expect him to always be the one to come back and apologize to you."

Mercedes doesn't look up at her best friend, only bobble her blue haired head up and down. "I'm certain Pam. I've had enough of everything that has to do with Colby. I've to think of myself, how to provide for my younger sister and my mother. I can't rely on Colby. He has enough on his hands with his own family so this is for the best." She holds up her hands to the darkening sky, showing Pamela her blueish, sliver nails. "Aren't they lovely, Pam?"

Pamela rolls her eyes, nodding at her friend. She silently drinks her coffee, pondering over something she wants to ask Mercedes but afraid they might just end up arguing. Screw it, she thinks. She knows how much Colby loves Mercedes and if there's anyone who can make her friend truly happy, then it's him. With all the pressure Mercedes has been getting from her mother lately, about her sister's tuition fees and their daily expenses, it's logical for her friend to run after a rich man and end things with Colby. "Is this about him? You're breaking up with Colby for Fergal, aren't you?"

Mercedes finally looks up fully at her friend, sheepishness all over her face as if she has just been caught stealing. "I don't want to talk about Colby or my love life anymore Pam."

"Has he contacted you recently," Pamela presses, rising up to her feet to follow Mercedes to the living room, their coffees forgotten on the table. "Riches isn't everything in life. You can't replace the love and happiness Colby can give you with the money Fergal has. He can't make you happy."

Mercedes huffs, "Breaking up with Colby has nothing to do with Fergal. You know I haven't been giving him attention and honestly speaking, I think he has given up. He just want us to be friends." She tugs her shirt over her head and swings it at Pamela playfully. "Chill Pam. Colby and I were bound to break up eventually. Our relationship hasn't been the best lately. This is the best decision I've made in a while."

"Whatever you say," Pamela murmurs, gaze drifting to the couch when Mercedes's phone beeps. Mercedes is already halfway to her room when she turns back with a questionable look. "'Hey, landed about ten minutes ago. Gonna pass by home to change. Pick you up at 8.' It's from Fergal," she peers up at her friend through her long eyelashes, "So much for someone losing interest in you. You break up with one to jump into the bed with another?"