Part 7: Trapped

(Redrares' FoV)
None of us could react quick enough as a net suddenly shot up under our feet, pulling us up into a tree as a group and catching up there.
We were literally like fish in a fisher's net.
A scream had escaped my mouth, but not only mine. Jura and Jay had screamed as well, so it at least wasn't too awkward.
There we hung, in the middle of the air, just in the net as a group. I sighed. "And how are we gonna get down...?", Jura asked. "Anyone have anything sharp here?"
"I have the chili powder from my Ramen... They're sharp and spicy?", I replied as a little joke.
Jura put his head against the net, groaning. "Why did I have to be in a net with you...", he whined quietly. Even Jay seemed disappointed. "Why do you even have chili powder with you?!", he asked confusedly. "I ate Ramen a while ago and I put the chili into my pocket because I didn't know where else to put it. Since then I forgot about it."
Jay suddenly start to think. "Say, does anyone have a potion of instant damage?", he then asked. I shook my head, but Jura nodded. "Yeah. I got one from a friend." He handed it to Jay. He also took my chili powder and put it into the potion before shaking it well. After a while he opened it and carefully put a few drops on each rope. The reaction started immediately.
The ropes started burning at those places without producing heat, and soon after we fell.
I screeched and closed my eyes, but luckily landed on something very soft. In surprise I looked.
Jay and Jura were under me. Jay under Jura, Jura under me. I giggled and got up. "Thanks for catching me.", I giggled. They both huffed quietly, not replying.
Jay looked like he's gonna throw up as soon as he'd stand up, so we let him lie for a while.
"How did you know that this would work?", I asked. He sighed heavily and sat up, Jura already standing again. "It's a simple reaction. You learn that in chemistry." My expression went deadpanned. "You know I suck at chemistry?"
"I wonder why...", Jura suddenly threw in. I gave him a little death glare. "I'm not even gonna bother to say that the only things you can draw are d-words." Jura immediately went silent, causing me to win this argument.
"Anyway. What is under that trap door and why were we in a trap right in front of it?", I then asked. Both Jay and Jura shrugged, not knowing the answer. "Only one way to find out.", Jura mumbled and went to the trap door.
A thin, almost invisible rope suddenly tightened around his ankle and pulled him up with a loud screech. There he hung, unable to get down.
Jay, who had taken a long stick to deactivate the traps, frowned and looked at the dangling Jura. "Huh... A second trap? A very simple one at that..."
"What are you doing here?", a voice came from behind us.
We turned around to the person.
It was a man, probably around 2 meters tall and with brown hair that faded to black at the edges. He was very well built and had well-toned skin, tho his arms were grey until under his elbows. He had his head tilted, glaring us down with his black and white eyes. His iris was white while the rest of his eyes were pitch black.
"We're searching for a friend. Are you the person that put up those traps?", Jura asked. He nodded. "Yes. For blind people like you that can't keep their eyes on their way." He gasped, but pouted. "Hey, come on man. I'm not that blind!"
"And yet you activated two traps in a row."
Jura didn't know how to reply to that after his comeback.
The man sighed deeply. "Isn't it obvious that a fully visible trapdoor is a trap? The name literally says it." I hesitated. At this point, he was right. It's literally a TRAPdoor.
I sighed deeply as Jura suddenly had to open his mouth again.
"But trapdoors can be used for a secret base as well!"
"Does it look like I'm a guy that makes a hidden base, Jura?!"
We all went quiet. How did he know how his name?!
Even Jura seemed disturbed at this point. He was a little pale and fully silent.
The man sighed. "Finally you guys are staying silent, it's not like it took almost 15 minutes.", he grumbled and rubbed his temples. We stayed silent for good 30 seconds before I asked the question that everyone of us wanted to ask.
"How did you know this name...?"
Unironically he just ignored that question. "Now, what are you guys doing here?", he asked instead. That made, once again, Jura open his mouth.
"How about to reply to our question first?!", he grumbled. He rolled his eyes. "You were so loud that the animals ran away. Now, I'm the one asking questions."
"We searched for a friend. He ran away when Jura snapped at him.", Jay answered finally, glaring at Jura. He tilted his head. "I know who you are searching for. You're searching for Hero. I know where he is, come with me.", he said. We nodded and followed him, leaving Jura behind and quite literally hanging.
"Hey! Guys! You can't just leave me here!", he whined. The man rolled his eyes before taking a knife from his pocket, throwing it at Jura. He screeched, but the weapon didn't hit him, but the rope, dropping him. He landed on the floor with a thud and a screech, but soon got back up, removing the dead leaves from his clothes. "It would've been nicer to let me down slowly."
"Shut the fuck up", came the reply from the male as he lead us through the forest. Jura huffed ad caught up to us. "No need to be so rude, dude."
Together we went through that forest, always very silent. After a while I finally asked that one question.
"Who are you?"