Chapter 03: House of Memories

Memories turn into daydreams,
become a taboo.
~ Panic! At the Disco ~

~Hogwarts, 13th July 1943, Friday~

That Tatkana woman needed a good shag, was the first thing Hermione thought as she had been dragged by her hair through the whole castle by that hyperventilating Gryffindor.

Of course, Hermione had been frightened and confused at what happened, because as far as she remembered, she had been crying herself to sleep on her bed. And now she woke up in a different time! How careless was she that she had accidentally used her time turner? And what year was it? Judging by the heat and the sunshine as well as the fact that the dorms were fairly empty, she guessed that she landed in either July or September. So there was a good chance for her to pass as an exchange student if the year had just started.

Hermione had been very reluctant to return the time turner to Professor McGonagall at the end of the third semester. Why didn't Dumbledore use a time turner to save Harry's parents then if you could turn back the time? Didn't he want to? Was it necessary for Harry to lose his parents so that Voldemort will be defeated? How heartless and cold should someone be to be willingly let a baby grow up without its parents just for the greater good, and even manipulating him enough to make him look up to his abuser? Because apparently, the Ministry of Magic was in possession of this very time turner for quite a long time, and that particular time turner even existed since long before Merlin was born. Some even speculated that this particular one belonged to Ravenclaw herself before it got lost like the mysterious diadem.

In the heat of the moment, Hermione cloned the time turner and handed in the clone back to her house teacher. The moment the cold metal left her fingers, the moment the coldness spread into her abdomen and caused her to nearly lose her mind. What was she thinking? She would be breaking thousands upon thousands of laws by keeping the real time turner. And she was afraid her Transfiguration professor would notice it, but fortunately for her, she had not noticed it.

Hermione wasn't someone who was thirsty for power, but she was thirsty for knowledge and eager to apply it. And now look at her! Now that berserk troll of a Gryffindor had her wand and her time turner and a part inside her huffed in disappointment. She knew Gryffindors could be hot-headed, but it still surprises her how hot-headed someone could be.

"I think there is no need for you to mishandle the young lady like that any longer, Lindstrom", the boy with the raven hair said, and Hermione felt goosebumps crawling up her skin as she melted in the honey that dripped from his voice.

"Fine", her attacker huffed and let got of her hair.

"Fuck you Lindstrom." Hermione slapped her right across the face and felt satisfaction and a more intense feeling washing over her. Since that year she punched Draco Malfoy right in the nose and broke it she recognized that she felt a lot of satisfaction throwing fists.

Someone hexed her to stop moving, but with a growl, she threw the Immobilus off and wanted to punch Tatkana again, before slender cold fingers hindered her from letting her rage get the best of her. When she turned her head, she saw the Slytherin Prefect holding her wrist and immediately got lost in the endless depths of his blue eyes. Get a grip of yourself, Hermione!

"You've got something that doesn't belong to you", a blonde boy next to the boy called Riddle spoke out and held his hand open. He looked just like the spitting image of Draco Malfoy, so she suspected that if she knew the name of him, she could figure out in which year she just landed, because this is definitely not her timeline. Tatkana swore under her breath and put her wand and time turner inside his palm, before she gave Hermione one last death glance and left the scene.