𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 <𝟯𝟯4

𝗶'𝗺 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟰 𝗶'𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀. 𝗶 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗶 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲. 𝗯𝘁𝘄, 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗮, 𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻.𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗱𝗼, 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗶 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟰

Rosedawn's POV

I rub my eyes and yawn. It's already morning, what?! I look around, the bed sheet is different. It's soft and cool. Chandelier, black rug, a black leather couch. Mahogany apple scent, of course. I drag myself out of bed, wearing an oversized slytherin sweatshirt. Draco's. I stand in front of the mirror inside the bathroom. Memories come rushing back. We danced last night. Baltered actually. He helped me take my heels off and we danced to the music that was playing inside the ball room. I had a good time snuggling his chest. Then I let him bury in his face into my upper chest. His warm breath and mint hair. It went something like this.

"You're tickling me." I said as he buried his head onto my chest. We swayed across the library. My blood flustered at his touch. He giggled softly.

"You're so warm. I love you a lot." He said, looking up and smirked. He knew what he was doing to me. His hair fell on his eyes. I bit my lip.

"You're beautiful, babe. Our kid is gonna look so good." He said. Ouch! My heart melted. Our kids are going to have his blue eyes and beautiful features. Just a little bit to work on their personality I guess.

"Shut up!" I said, looking down blushing. That was all I remember, his faint smile. Thinking of last night makes me smile. I can feel my cheeks heat up. I continue brushing my hair and teeth. I'm ready. I walk out of my room, closing the door quietly. This manor is huge. How am I supposed to find the drawing-room? Or even worse, I don't want to run into Lucius. The hallway is dimly lit, with old portraits framed on the wall. Those eyes follow me as I brush by. A small breeze goes through me, leaving me chills.  I finally reach the green marble staircase. I walk on my bare feet on the icy ground. The air is still, almost deadly. From far away I hear an echo of a voice. I follow it and my eyes spot Blaise walking down the sumptuous hallway.

"Hey!" he says instantly at my appearance, waving his hand.

"Hey!" I wave back.

"You're up! Everyone is in the kitchen. Narcissa made us breakfast." He says pointing behind him.

"Thank you, I'm going there right now." I say, waving him goodbye as he passes me.

The end of the hallway was a huge window, looking out to the extravagant garden and beyond those gates, the wood. Green was the color, painting over the view like a painting. I wonder what the sunset looks like sitting there, somewhere in that wood. Or maybe dancing in the rain. The Malfoy Manor sits masjectically in the middle of England. No one ever talks about its beautiful surroundings. So hopeless, yet so beautiful. Then there is the kitchen, Narcissa is standing there, chopping food on the counter. While Avery and Victoria chatter at the breakfast bar. And there is Draco, reading the Daily Prophet as he eats his food.

" Oh hey honey!" Narcissa says delightly. "Come and have a seat. I'll get you some breakfast. Right there, you can sit next to Malfoy." She says, putting the pancake on a plate, with some bacon strips and a bowl of fruits.

"It's okay, I can carry it myself." I say, taking the plate from the counter and taking a seat between Victoria and Draco.

"Hey Y/n!" Victoria and Avery say in unison.

"Hey!" I reply, shoot! I just realized my morning voice. It's so low and raspy. My hand goes to my mouth real quick. Draco sets the newspaper down on the table. He eyes me but looks away really quickly. He grins. It's freezing in here, I rub my hands together to warm it up. The sweatshirt has no pocket. I rest on hand on my lap and continue eating the fruits with my pancake. Then his hand touches mine, without looking up from the newspaper. Draco locks my hand and his together, he slips in it his jacket's pocket. He squeezes my hand with his veiny hand, warming it up. How am I supposed to eat now? He's so cute. Soon I'm gonna melt.

"Go on, continue eating. You're gonna need it." He mumbles.

"Your parents left yesterday's night. We convinced them to let you stay the night because you were very tired. I couldn't bear to wake you up from your peaceful sleep." Narcissa starts, smiles at me.

"Mr. Malfoy can help you get home this evening if you want to. Or you can stay here for a few days with Victoria, Avery, Blaise, and Draco. I'm assuming you guys are friends, yes?" I shake my head.

"Oh, may I ask, which house you are in?" she looks at me concernedly.

"Gryffindor." I say it firmly, just how I wanted it to sound.

"I see," she smiles at me. Very supportive and understanding but concerned. I look down at my food.

"You should stay here for a while. We can hang out." Victoria says kindly, breaking up the stillness.

"No, I think I better go back to Hogwarts." I reply although I'm glad Victoria invited me.

"Come on, it'll be fun. It would be nice to have you. Say something Draco!" Avery says. Draco huffs at him.

"She can do whatever she wants," he says with a faint tone of derision as he stab the grape on his plate with the fork. Silence. Draco knows how to shut people.

"I supposed staying here for winter break won't hurt." A small smile falls upon my face as the others give me a pay on the back.

"Great!"

"Then that's that. You'll be staying for a few days?" Asks Narcissa.

"Yes."