Episode 9, Chapter 1

Episode 9, Chapter 1:

As per Gossip Girl's Thanksgiving tradition, I'm trading my laptop for stove top, and for the next 16 hours, the only thing I'm dishing is seconds. When the cat's away, the mice will play. Have fun, little rodents.

Fact about Kurt #21: He couldn't remember the last Thanksgiving he'd been completely sober. Kurt didn't enjoy reminding himself of this fact, but thankfully Blaine didn't judge him for it. In fact, he wouldn't stop talking about what they were doing for after Thanksgiving.

While the holiday was for stuffing your face with a homemade meal filled with all the comfort foods and dollops of sour cream, heavy cream and whipped cream, dessert was meant to be spent with everyone else in your life. Kurt planned a date with Blaine that night to go back to the all-night candy store they'd been on one of their first dates. This would be the best dinner he ever had, if he could help it, and it would be spent with all the people he cared about, which is why his first stop was Quinn's house.

He hadn't spoken to her about what he knew, but he planned to mention it soon. A secret that big could not be kept by best friends.

Quinn walked around the kitchen marking off her list every food the cooks and catering staff still needed to prepare before the dinner guests arrived. She had a gray M Missoni Space Dye A-Line Skirt, yellow Anthropologie Charleston Henley peasant blouse, Rag & Bone Salford Brogue wedges and a blue-patterned scarf. [Thanksgiving] Judy showed her the final cut list.

For as long as Quinn could remember, Thanksgiving had been spent with Judy's friends and clients, Kurt's family, Sam's family and her father. This year would be different from the others. First, Sam's family was uninvited. Once the New York Times picked up the story, there was only one direction left to go. Quinn promised herself she would call him later. Second, her dad would not be coming home for the holiday. He'd found a new home with the tattooed freak her mother told her that he married. She had been a daddy's girl until the day he left and then she reinvented herself as someone who did not need to rely on anyone else. That was why her 'invite list' was currently just her best friend.

Kurt walked out of her elevator with a pumpkin and a giant grin on his face in Prada Brown And White Crown Printed Cotton Shirt and Rag & Bone 'Albers' Wool Waistcoat. [Thanksgiving]

"Are you excited?"

"I'm starved," Quinn smiled and inspected the giant fruit in his hands. The next catering staff who walked by plucked it out of his hands and kept walking so robotically even Quinn was surprised and laughed. "You want lunch?"

"I couldn't. I'm saving myself," he held his stomach.

"Since when do you save yourself?" she huffed evilly. Kurt knew what she meant and felt affronted. The look he gave her told her that wasn't funny. "I'm joking Kurt..." she rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen assuming he'd follow her. She did that a lot.

Because he was a little stung, he didn't bring up Puck as nicely as he'd planned.

"I know you're all about saving yourself when it doesn't involve Puck," he said. Quinn looked up immediately. She saw that he knew. She denied it.

"I couldn't imagine where you got that information from," she sighed in true Quinn fashion, "but it couldn't be anymore false. Gossip Girl must really be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for content."

"Quinn, I literally saw you two together," Kurt's voice got all high and airy as he spoke, "You were making out in bed the night of your party." Kurt finished all grossed out at the thought of Puckerman. "When did all that start?"