20- Feyre

I watch as rhys winnows away the female. She was dripping in power. She couldn't control it. She has more magic than me or rhys. She screamed in so much pain when her magic rose to the surface.

My mind lingers on what she said to me. That i didn't understand. I died to get everyone out of amarathas rule. As if I don't know trauma. I fought that giant fucking worm, learnt to spontainously read out of nowhere and then i was forced to kill two fae. I did more than she did for pyrithian. What has she been doing for the past fifty years.

I have provided for my family since i was fourteen. I was taken from my family and then went under the mountain to save the man i love. To save them all. I may have went in there to save tamlin but i saved them all. What does it matter what my intentions were.

I stay in my room all day until rhys calls down that it is time to eat. I walk downstairs to see two illyrians bartering with the blond female i saw before and a dark haired female talking with rhys. I see the female who burns with fire magic in the kitchen. Rhys hears me and starts to introduce.

"Hey feyre. This is cassian, Azriel, Mor, Amren" he points them all out.

Cassian has a wicked grin on his face when he nods his head to the female in the kitchen "thats Aelin" he says wickedly "but you already met i hear"

"Cass" scolds mor and elbows him in the stomach.

Cassian goes to shove her playfully but instead bumps amren and her glass of wine. Cassian's face fills with fear. He puts his hands up in defense and backs away apologising profusely. Suddenly his hair is on fire. He puts it out quickly and i see amren smirking.

"Thanks Ae" calls amren.

"No problem" she calls and starts heading towards us. "Always happy to put some male ass in their place" she drags of when she sees me.

We make eye contact and her eyes flicker with something of quilt and pain. It is instantly gone. She looks around the room.

"ready to eat?" she says. Cassian starts barreling towards the dinner table but aelin catches him by the collar. "Be polite cass" she scolds playfully.

"Be polite Cass" cassian mocks.

Aelin fakes a punch and he scrambles to the dinning room. We all follow into the room and take a seat. Everyone fills their plates except Amren and Aelin. Amren sees me staring.

"I drink blood. Don't eat" she explains.

I try and hide the shock but amren lets out a dark chuckle. I catch Cassian looking at Aelin softly, eyes full of concern

"Common little Ae" he encourages "just have a bit more"

I see that Aelin is pushing around a couple of vegetables around her plate. She shakes her head to him.

"Please Ae" begs mor.

"No" aelin says and abruptly stands. "Excuse me" she says and leaves.

They all look sorrowful.

"Where is she going" i ask

"To the roof" says Rhys sadly.