36- Aelin

"SAM" I scream as the Glorriella begins to take effect.

He tries to get to me as I fall to the floor.

"CELENA" he yells to me.

"Goodbye Celena. You will never see me again. The Assassins keep is moving. The only thing you will find there is Ziamaras dying body. You might get there in time. Depending on how long this takes" he says and points to Sam fighting Three hooded assassins.

He winnows away and i try and scream as the three Assassins fight sam. One breaks Away and walks over to me. He grabs me off the floor and holds a blade to my neck.

"Drop your weapons" he growls

"Aborynn said we can kill her" sneers another

"Yeah but we can hurt her. Glorriella may paralyze you but you can still feel everything" the male holding me says and makes a slice on my collar bone.

"Ok ok" says sam and raises his hands "just don't hurt her"

No. no. please. I beg him with my eyes but he gives me a sad smile. NO. he has to live. He has so much to live for.

"I love you celena" he says softly.

"Awww so sweet" say the third man before plunging a blade into his leg.

Sam screams out and falls to the floor. The third male removes the blade and stabs him in different parts of his body over and over and over. Tears stream down my face as we make eye contact. please , i beg. He shakes his head and the male holding me drops me and walks over to sam. When he gets to sam he removes his hood. I can't see his face damnit. I need to know who to murder. Slowly and painfully for what they did to sam.

"Rouke Farran" says sam breathlessly. Broken

I tears stream down my face and i reach for my magic. Its gone. I can't help him. He needs to use his own magic. I try and communicate it with my eyes.

Save yourself. Wind and winnowing. Run. please

No Celena. I have to stay. They will just find me and kill me

Please

Im so sorry that you have to watch me die

No no no. you are not going to die. We will get out of this. We can move to the Dawn court.

I will die today celena

No.

I love you.

Please don't leave me

I will always be with you.

Please. I love you.

A single tear streams down Sams face as Rourke farran blunges a final serrated blade into Sams chest.

"Cauldron save me, mother hold me. Guide me to you" he says. Voice rich and beautiful. "Let me pass through the gates; let me smell the immortal land of milk and honey Let me fear no evil. Let me feel no pain Let me enter eternity" he closes his eyes and his chest falls once more.