04 - Committed

Sarawat's POV

Tine. His name sounded like flowers blooming in the spring.

We held each other's hand for a second longer than necessary. I was reluctant to let go of it at all.

"Let's get started, shall we?" said Tine, and took a seat at the head of the table. He looked steadfastly away and towards the screen.

The presentation went off smoothly. Tine asked a lot of pertinent questions and took brief notes. He was quick to spot potential issues, recommended a few changes that made complete practical sense and made enquiries that needed more data.

He didn't look at me even once. It hurt like hell.

We ended the meeting with clear action points on both sides.

"Thank you for your time today, gentlemen. We're super excited to get this project off the ground immediately. Fong will reach out to you to set up the project plan and schedules. I'll arrange for an office to be assigned to you", said Tine, looking at Man and my left shoulder.

"Thank you, Tine. I must say, you look familiar somehow" said Man, squinting at Tine.

"I don't think we've ever met before but I look forward to working with you" said Tine with a short smile, and effectively dismissed us with a nod.

Fong escorted us out with a smile.

"Honestly, the only reason I agreed to manage this project is because I will be in charge of the entertainment budget. I'm glad you guys are on the team. The parties will be epic" he declared happily.

"Sweet! Why don't you join us for lunch?" said Man.

Man and Fong continued chatting on the way to the elevator.

"Guys, I seem to have left something behind. I'll meet you at the lobby" I said, the words coming out before I had a chance to weigh them.

I turned and ran. Tine's secretary looked at me, puzzled. I ignored him and pushed my way into the office.

He sat at his desk, his chair turned away from the door and facing the window.

I walked around the desk and swiveled his chair to face me. I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart before I spoke.

"You disappeared on me".

He avoided my eyes.

"I looked for you", I said and knelt before him. His lips were inches from mine.

"Why?" he asked, still not looking at me.

I put my fingers under his chin and turned his face to look at me.

"You know why" I whispered, searching his eyes for something. Anything.

"It was just one night, a long time ago. It's best that we get over it and maintain a professional working relationship. This is an important project for us both. Let's focus and not get distracted" he said coldly, looking straight at me. His eyes were distant.

He didn't feel the same way about me as I did about him.

I stood up and nodded. "Understood, Tine. You can be assured of the utmost professionalism from me. I'm glad we had this... conversation".

I walked out the door, confused and broken.

What had I expected in the first place?

Tine's POV

His name really was Wat. My cheeks went red as I remembered how I'd moaned his name a million times that night.

Fuck.