16 - Angel's Wings

3rd party POV - 1 Hour Ago

Chat looked around shiftily. Earlier that day, he had followed Tine and Wat to the site as instructed.

Since then, he'd been sitting in the van, jittery and strung out. He didn't have a good feeling about any of this.

"Fuck" he cursed as he spilled hot coffee on himself. He opened the door of the van and jumped out to wipe himself down.

He took deep breaths and the fresh air calmed him down a bit. He stretched his cramped muscles.

"Hello there. Do you have any flyers or posters about your services and prices? I want to get pest control services for my home" said an old woman, walking by with her dog.

Chat jumped nervously. The van had a pest control company's decal on its side and he was wearing overalls with the logo pasted on it.

He cursed to himself. "Call the number on the side" he said, fully knowing it was a fake one.

"I tried just now and couldn't get anyone. Do you know how much it will cost me to get my 2-bedroom flat fogged for bedbugs?" she persisted. Her tiny terrier ran circles around Chat.

"I don't know, okay. Now get the fuck out of my face" he said, gritting his teeth and lashing a foot out to kick the dog.

Chat needed freshly cooked food, a stiff drink, a good fuck and sleep. None of which he'd had this week. He was irritable and a bucket of nerves.

The dog began yapping loudly, an incessant barking that drew unwanted attention to the scene.

"Everything alright here?" said someone.

It was the architect who was always with Tine.

"This man is behaving very strangely. He looks suspicious" said the old lady, offended but sharp eyed.

"Hey, you look familiar" said the architect, Sarawat.

Chat's eyes grew wide and he ran.

Sarawat's POV

I smiled as I saw Lady Vichitra and Tine embrace each other. She may not have given us her blessings, but at least she'd made up with Tine.

I hung back as Tine escorted the group into the site. I wanted to take a breather from the crowd.

There seemed to be some sort of a commotion across the road between a pest control worker in overalls and an old lady with a terrier.

There was some shouting and the man kicked out at the dog. The old lady seemed scared and overwhelmed by the sudden hostility.

"Everything alright here?" I said in a non-threatening, neutral voice. I didn't want to make any snap judgments.

I had enough experience now of dealing with supposedly frail old ladies to know they could pack a punch to lay you out cold. For all I knew, the lady might have started the fight with the pest control guy.

I barely heard the lady speaking. The man looked familiar.

He was the man in the photo that Type had shared with Wat. This was one of Mil's closest associates.

He turned instantly and ran like the wind in the opposite direction. I shouted and chased after him. He twisted in and out of the slow moving traffic, dodging bikes and cars.

I saw Type running behind him, parallel to us. He was already pulling ahead of both of us.

Before Chat realized it, Type had curved sharply into his way and kicked his feet out from beneath him.