Chapter 25 - Guilt

We stepped out of the car, all of us shocked about the situation we were just put in. We walked to the back of the car, and saw a limp body lying on the floor.

"Kate I'm sorry" George said, I could see a tear roll down his cheek.

We all stayed there, and just looked at her. She was only 24, poor girl. And now her life was over.

Matty called up the police, and told them the situation. And as much as he told them it was an accident, they didn't believe us.

"so, you two had just broken up?" the officer asked George.

"yes sir"

"well, I'm afraid we can't let you off. I know you say it was an accident. But with the situation you two were in, it could have been purpose"

"but-" George was cut off.

"we're having the CCTV checked, it'll be 2 days. Then we'll see whether you are guilty or not. Also it will tell us who is involved" the officer said.
"ok sir" George said.

"and if you are all guilty, I'm sorry but we'll have to take matters further"

"what about Kate" I asked, trying to show I cared.

"her family will be contacted, we'll deal with it all soon. Don't worry"

We all left and went to mine and Matty's apartment later. We were all still a bit shocked.

"I think we deserve a drink" Matty said, reaching for the wine.

"yeah, that might brighten us up" I said, getting some glasses.

"do you want any G?" Matty asked George, who was sitting on the sofa.

"ok" he mumbled.

"alright, now lets just have a little drink, I'm sure everything will be fine" Matty patted George's back.

"I'm a killer" George said, head in his hands.

"no you're not. Its not like you hit an animal, this was an accident. You didn't know she was there, and she should've moved away of the car" I said, taking a gulp of wine.

"I'm just a bit shocked that's all"

"its understandable mate" Matty hugged him.

"I think we should leave you to rest" I said, getting up.

"yeah, you have a lie down on the sofa. Goodnight, it'll be all over in the morning. Promise" Matty said, walking out.

Me and Matty got into bed, and cuddled up.

"Matty?"

"yeah"

"what if we are in trouble"

"its not our fault though"

"the police might've thought that it was planned, by all of us"

"that's silly, George is the guilty one. Not us"

"I feel sorry for George, he was innocent"

"and now he's gonna get in trouble"

"stop thinking about it love, get to sleep" Matty kissed my cheek.

"love you"

We both fell asleep, but it still didn't put to rest the thoughts that were floating around in my head.