one

***

***

This was it. The first mission the newly rebuilt Torchwood was about to venture. Recently, there had been reports of some rogue aliens murdering people on the street and causing chaos. If anyone knew about aliens, it was Torchwood and they were ready to fight.

Jake Simmonds was driving their signature black van, weaponry at hand. In the back of the van: Rose Tyler, Mickey Smith and a few other soldiers ready to fight. In the front seat was the girl with the robotic arm, Indigo "Indy" Tyler. Once an experiment of Lumic, now a full-time member of Torchwood and the permanent daughter of Pete Tyler.

Since the Battle of Canary Wharf on the other world, they collectively decided to reshape Torchwood and make it into a system that fights for good. It was all due to Rose, still wanting a taste of the universe after she was irreversibly trapped in theirs with another version of Indigo's adoptive mother; one that was more caring and loving than the first.

Indigo and Rose still hadn't adjusted to being "sisters", two young girls living in one mansion was bound to cause some chaos.

"Mum, she's used some of my shampoo!"

"Dad, she let the dog into the file room and now it's a mess!"

"Why can't you just use your own bathroom?"

"Why can't you stay out of my way?!"

Either way, they were now forced to work together as colleagues; that wasn't exactly going well either.

Indigo glanced back at Rose, sitting in the van. "Do you know how to fire your gun?"

"Kind of," She replied, hesitant. "It's just that... the Doctor didn't really condone using violence on another species."

"These are rogue aliens that have been out murdering innocent civilians, they have no remorse for our kind. We have to use our guns or else we might be their next victims." explained Indigo.

"But it still isn't exactly right." Rose stated. "The Doctor always thought of a plan that didn't involve using a single gun, he hated them."

"Oh, Doctor this! Doctor that! Well, guess what Rose?" She faced Rose, her glare piercing through her eyes. "The Doctor isn't here. So you can use your gun or die!"

Jake rolled his eyes whilst also trying to concentrate on the road. "Girls, can you just stop bickering for once? We're on our first mission and you two are at each other's throats. Lives are at stake."

He was right, lives were at stake and the girls needed to learn how to settle their differences in order to save the world. It was a hard task but they had to do it somehow. 

Indigo sighed. "You're right. Mickey, teach Rose how to use her gun properly."

"Yes, ma'am." He responded.