four

Rose crept out of her hiding space, recognising the voice. "Jack?"

Indigo, still on top of him, turned to her. "You know him?"

"Well, it sort of depends because I knew him in the other - my own world." She stated, wandering closer to him.

"Listen, ladies." He started. "I have no idea who you are and, as much as I would like to stay, I need this."

"Wait, you want to steal the zeppelin?" Indigo squinted, confused.

"Well, duh!" He huffed. "I need something to sell to my client and, since the whole "Cybermen" fiasco, people want to buy Lumic's old stuff."

"Oh, so you're a conman here too then?" Rose surmised.

"Conman?"

"He used to be Time Agent who planned to sell an empty ambulance before it got blown up. But then he started travelling with us for a bit. Not sure what happened to him though." She recalled explaining everything.

"Hold on, what's a Time Agent?" asked Indigo.

"I'm not really sure. People who... travel throughout time and do... stuff?" Rose hesitated, unsure herself. "I never thought to ask what he did."

Jack was just as bewildered as Indigo was. "Wait, how do you know I'm an ex-Time Agent? Who are you?"

"My name's Rose and this is Indigo." She introduced them both, kneeling down on the ground. "I come from a parallel universe where you and I are friends."

"Including her?" He scoffed.

Indigo placed more pressure his neck, offended by his remark. However, Rose stopped her from severely injuring him. "No, she doesn't exist where I'm from."

"Well, that's a relief." remarked Jack. "Now, can you let me go?"

"And why would I do that?" 

"Because-" Abruptly, before he could finish his sentence, the alarms outside had started to blare. "...Of that."

She rolled her eyes, increasingly annoyed as she let go of Jack and stood up from the ground in a huff. "Great. That's just great!" 

They had little time left to escape now, there was no time for Indigo to disguise herself and wander out of the building undetected. The only way to get out alive was to run as fast as their feet could take them.

"They're coming through the entrance." stated Rose. "How do we get out?"

Indigo thought of every possible situation in her head, from ones where they would have to fight off the guards in order to escape to ones where they allowed themselves to be captured. Then, in a split second, she thought of the best exit to take.

She looked down at the ground, remembering the hatch they used to board the zeppelin during the Cybermen Invasion. "Help me get this open!"

Rose jogged over as Indigo tried to prise the door to the hatch. However, even though Indigo had immense strength, it would not budge. The guards were catching up to them and they didn't have much time left.

"Get out of the way!" Unexpectedly, Jack pulled out his sonic blaster and pointed it at the hatch. To Indigo's surprise and relief, the door disappeared and they were able to safely jump out the zeppelin without being caught by the guards.

As the trio sprinted out of the warehouse, they swiftly checked the perimeter for any more guards; luckily, there were not. They were safe for now, leaving the building and heading back over to their jeep.

However, in the middle of their escape, a potent memory invaded Indigo's neurological senses and showed her images she had not seen in a long while.